• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CHEM1011 Lab Assesments (1 Viewer)

highwaystar

HSC
Hi,

I am quite confused... Hopefully someone can help with my questions, i would very much appreciate it.

In the course pack it says that of the 20 marks allocated for the lab component of the course, up to (5) marks are assigned for lab reports, and up to (5) marks are assigned from the demonstrators assesment of your performance.

Q1) Does gaining marks for lab reports simply mean filling out the blank spaces in the lab manual, showing them to the demonstrator and recieving initials, and can you request a demonstrater to review your answer for any given lab at any given time during the class? Will our lab manuals therefore be collected at the end of the session and given a mark our of five?

Q3)Is this assesment by the demonstrator made at the end of the entire session or at the end of every lab (ie/ will i loose marks if i do not get the required results on one of the experiments, or will the demonstrator take into account my overall performance during the session and award a mark out of 5?)

Phhheww...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)