• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chemistry Papers and EXT2MATHS (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
I have created a similar post in the chem forum, so here it is.

There is a website http://www4.tpgi.com.au/nanahcub/me2.html
and many of the 4 unit maths students know about it, it contains approx 200 past papers for 4 unit maths.
I would like to know if there are websites out there for biology that contain alot of past papers(they dont have to have so much).
If so can you please place a link on.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
DraconisV said:
I have created a similar post in the chem forum, so here it is.

There is a website http://www4.tpgi.com.au/nanahcub/me2.html
and many of the 4 unit maths students know about it, it contains approx 200 past papers for 4 unit maths.
I would like to know if there are websites out there for biology that contain alot of past papers(they dont have to have so much).
If so can you please place a link on.
You'll find that the reason so many papers have been amassed for Ext 2 Mathematics is that the course has remained more or less static for several decades. This means you most likely are able to take a paper from the year you were born and attempt it and it would still be fairly relevant.

This is not the case with the Sciences as they have been completely changed in recent times and thus the majority of papers predating 2001 will be completely and utterly useless. Furthermore, I believe several of the sciences underwent another update after 2002 so there are even more areas of the syllabus which may not apply to you. Thus the timeframe from which you can pick past papers is much more limited.

If you want to collect some past papers, it is probably best to simply obtain the past paper book from a book store as that will come not only with all the HSC papers from 01 to 05 (along with notations as to what is relevant to the current syllabus and what is not), a few trials developed by the Science Teacher's Association and full solutions. You could also try chasing up the Catholic and Independent papers which are fairly easy to find on the net.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Thank you for your help

*hmm on a search for more papers hmm*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Generally the closer the year to '06, the more relevant that exam paper will be to the current syllabus. So you'll want to be searching for past papers from at earliest '02 to '05 [for sciences] since these exams were set for the latest amendments to the syllabus.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)