• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

chemistry problems (1 Viewer)

nicki_c

HSC
im only doing fundemental chemistry 1001 but my lectures are just confusing everything i ever knew about chemistry! does anyone know a good basic chem book that i could teach myself with...?
cherrs

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Since it's fundamentals, just get a high school chem textbook and read it. I doubt the material would extend much further than that, even advanced/ssp were mostly revision from the HSC.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
just to add to what the Mighty Templar said: forget ur HSC chemistry. If u still want to stick to those bullshit they stuff into ur head in HSC, don't do chem.

Chemiscal monitoring and management = WTF?

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
hey, im doing fundamentals as well but i didnt have previous knowledge to confuse it up with. if the additional text books dont help - check out the deans chem tutes.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@lonely shadow: that being said, although a lot hsc chem is bs, but it does prepare you quite well with concepts liek le chateiler's principle, enthalpy etc (ok u learn that in first sem but still...) monitoring and mgmt i believe is what a vast majority of chemist is doing right now in industry...

sigh~~~ the more i do chem, the more i am startin to dislike it...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
@lonely shadow: that being said, although a lot hsc chem is bs, but it does prepare you quite well with concepts liek le chateiler's principle, enthalpy etc (ok u learn that in first sem but still...) monitoring and mgmt i believe is what a vast majority of chemist is doing right now in industry...

sigh~~~ the more i do chem, the more i am startin to dislike it...
Le Chatelier's principle is just a balancing act. Anyone thinking straight will be able to figure it out, even if not tought properly. I don't mind the Chemistry part of HSC chemistry. I hate the histoy-like part of it [probably most of HSC chem is like that].

Yeah I figured Chemists are no fun, except the when blowing up things [which is awesome]. I'm no longer doing chem, so I shouldn't whining about it either:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)