• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chemistry Quiz and Practical (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone.. ESPECIALLY if you're in CHEM1101.

I was unfortunately sick in the last 2 days, and obviously unable to attend the Quiz and the Practical.

So for anyone who erm.. wasn't sick, who undertakes this subject, was the Quiz difficult, and what exactly was it on? (No, I'm not looking for answers or anything, I just need a rough idea of what to study for from the Silverberg book), and was the practical difficult, so that it's hard to catch up on? Hopefully it wasn't like the physics prac, where the experiment is continued next week. Then that means I would be totally screwed.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I haven't really read the lecture notes, or studied chemistry at all for this year so far though. Will it still be easy for me?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
If you want to study for the safety quiz, just read over the lab rules stuff at the start of the lab manual - it really isn't a difficult quiz. And no, the E1/E2 prac of this week does not continue next week - you'll be doing workshop 1 on stoichiometry next week.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Thanks, CM_Tutor.

PS, do you lecture? :D

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon
PS, do you lecture? :D
No, but I've demonstrated USyd Chem 1 Lab for ages, so I know all the pracs and procedures. Remember to put in a special consideration form to explain your absence - Chem Lab does have an attendance requirement that is taken seriously.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
If you want to study for the safety quiz, just read over the lab rules stuff at the start of the lab manual - it really isn't a difficult quiz. And no, the E1/E2 prac of this week does not continue next week - you'll be doing workshop 1 on stoichiometry next week.
=p blehz... i fink i screwed up my safety quiz... i didn't read it thoroughly... just once =(

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
No, but I've demonstrated USyd Chem 1 Lab for ages, so I know all the pracs and procedures. Remember to put in a special consideration form to explain your absence - Chem Lab does have an attendance requirement that is taken seriously.
So, would any of us students happen to have met you?

Collin

HSC
N/A
So what exactly are the implecations then of the Special Consideration supplement? For example, if the application is successful for the missed lab, does that mean the absence will NOT count towards the fail attendence rate of <80%?

That is, assuming I attend all other 13 (or how many labs), my total lab attendence will go from 12/13 (without Spec. Cons) to 12/12?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
There are 10 labs a semester for most Chem 1 courses, and you have given grounds on which you can be failed if you have more than 1 unexplained absence. If you have a valid reason for missing lab, ie. sickness certified by a medical certificate, then that is an explained absence. Your mark for the lab will be estimated based on your other labs. Provided you do not have too many explained absences, the school will still be able to certify to your competence in lab work, and thus allow you to progress.
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
So, would any of us students happen to have met you?
Hopefully, the group for whom I am demonstrator have met me, and you may have seen me earlier today, as I wandered through the 1903 prac at one point.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Hopefully, the group for whom I am demonstrator have met me, and you may have seen me earlier today, as I wandered through the 1903 prac at one point.
Where, and when? We're going to spot you, and when we do ... :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
You should of easily spotted Keypad, he's really short (about 4'1), tanned, and really really fat. :lol:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
First year labs, between 2 and 5 today. :p
*looks at time of da post* what- there are labs on saturdays? :eek: :p

You should of easily spotted Keypad, he's really short (about 4'1), tanned, and really really fat. :lol:
oi- was that meant to b a description of me?? hmmm....if so - i'll get u for that!! :angry: :p

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
First year labs, between 2 and 5 today. :p
*looks at time of da post* what- there are labs on saturdays? :eek: :p
Oops... I guess that explains why I slept in this morning :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Oh well that's REALLY definitive.

I was there too you know :p
*pause

*packs all the weaponery he could gather

*leaves house to usyd...
ROFL...
Who the hell is that?
he's referrin to me... =p blehz... atleast that fat part and short part... uhm... not sure abt the tanned part tho... =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)