Chemistry textbooks... (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Gday,

I have that crappy concuring chemistry text book but it raves on with crap and i hate it, are there any other better books than that?

I also have the surfing series but it is a bit to shallow....

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
*stunned and not knowing how to answer such a question*

gee dude.. cc and surfing aren't that bad~!!!!
our school gives out thickett... but it recommends having a copy of conquering; believe me, in comparison to pathways, conquering is the ultimum of non-raving clarity... gee...

and as for surfing being shallow.. i think the syllabus is shallow as it is anyway... get with it...

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
if u want u can check out contexts tho...
it raves a lil bit more than conquering, but u might not think so...

chip

HSC
i have conquering and havent opened it all year.....

kini mini

HSC
I don't like Conquering much, but it's not too bad. Pathways and Contexts are the other major textbooks, I found that Surfing was more like a collection of notes than a textbook, it is very brief.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I actually quite like Conquering. It gets right to the point, and is in preety much the same order as the syllabus, which makes it real easy when you're looking for something.

Ozz^E

I did chem last yr and for me conquering was the best textbook. I also had Contexts (which was alright) and Pathways (which i frankly thought of as pathetic) coz it had wayyy too much info. Conquering goes by the syllabus much more then the other two. Of course it doesnt can everything so the best thing is to have all three texts. But i personally used conq the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)