Chemstry!!! Need Help Asap!!! Need Answer By Tmr!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Peteness

Q1) Discuss an industrial application for the use of sliver salt, include chemical information such as physical properties or chemical equations which are appriote to their use?

Please Help me my deadline is 2morrow and i got NO idea wat this is on about. can ne one give me full asnwers or send me their assigment *if u want too, you dont have too*. asap
i promise i dont pradised it jsut take idea on wat this is all about

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
werent silver chloride and bromide used in artsy black/white photography? google it or something

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Silver chloride, AgCl, was indeed used in B&W photography. It is also used to seed clouds to produce rain - this has been done in Tasmania for decades, and will be used to get extra snow in the Snowy Mountains this year - there has been discussion of this recently, so you could probably find some information in recent press reports. The Snowy Mountains Authority would probably also have some info on their website.

Another silver salt, silver azide, AgN<sub>3</sub> has been used as a contact explosive, and you could talk about its synthesis, assumong you can find any valid info on the 'net. :)

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
Another silver salt, silver azide, AgN<sub>3</sub> has been used as a contact explosive, and you could talk about its synthesis, assumong you can find any valid info on the 'net. :)
If its a touch explosive you could probably find how to make it on the net, maybe not any valid info though.

grimreaper

HSC
Silver salts are what detect radiation on photographic film - the radiation ionises the silver salts to form silver crystals

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
oh okay i thought some1 mentioned sliver salt; not silver salt

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by wrx
silver salt similar to silver halide? ( or am i totally confused)
A silver halide would be an example of a silver salt. A salt is an ionic compound in which the cation is not H<sup>+</sup>, and the anion is not OH<sup>-</sup> or O<sup>2-</sup>.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)