• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

child studies info (1 Viewer)

caughtz

HSC
does anyone do child studies at Tafe? if yes is it good? how many years would it take to complete all the certificates? can you do it as part of a traineeship?
any info would be great

alby

cool duckie
HSC
diploma:
full time - 2 years
part time - 3-4 years (its 3 at wollongong not sure about other campuses)
you dont need to do any other certificates to be able to do the diploma, but if you can get credits (exemptions) from some units if you've done one of the certificates before (eg. cert 3 gets you credits from a couple of units in 1st year diploma)

when you do a traineeship, you have to do certificate 3 through tafe (1 day a week i think). as far as i know, you cant do anything else (ie. can't do diploma) during your traineeship
cert 3 is the same as stage 1 (first year) of the diploma

i'm doing the diploma and i've found it to be a pretty good course. it's aimed at working in early childhood (preschools, long day care, etc - 0-5's) and you get to do work experience during each year - 20 hrs manditory which has to be documented (you have to organise this)..and a week (i think) in a centre (organised through tafe)

pm me if you want any more info on the course (i dont come in here all that often) or ask one of the others who're doing the course (in here)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)