Choosing my IP (1 Viewer)

lgm0311

HSC
I'm trying to decide between director's folio and promotion and program for my IP
If anyone has completed either of these your feedback would be much appreciated :)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
I'm trying to decide between director's folio and promotion and program for my IP
If anyone has completed either of these your feedback would be much appreciated :)
I did director's folio this year and I absolutely loved it

It is a lot of work though - arguably the hardest out of any IP (along with film) from what my drama teacher told me. I think it's because you have to do a bit of everything. There's a bit of costume design, there's a bit of set design, a bit of critical analysis, a bit of dramatic theory etc. What's even more difficult is that you have to synthesise these elements all together in under 3500 words

I'd say that if you like the "wider scheme" of things in drama than go for DF. It's a lot of writing so being good at English also helps, whereas P and P is much more design based (from what I know). But as said before, doing a DF can have a big focus on design if you want to - I ended up putting costume and set designs in mine.

If you have any other questions just ask me :)

madzmonkey

HSC
My drama teacher told us not to choose anything else other than Performance as it will be hard and sometimes they go unfinished. But its your choice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)