christmas casuals (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I just got offered a christmas casual position at jeans west for december and january, and i really want to take it, but I don't want to leave my job for that and then have no job after the 2 months. Also, I'm getting a promotion at my current job but i still hate it and want to leave. All my friends who work in clothe shops got their jobs from working as christmas casuals and after the period was up they just kept working there. I'm not sure what I should do..and I have to make the decision pretty much right now. has anyone been a christmas casual before?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no ihaven't but that's a really tough decision.

some things to consider:
1. if you hate your current job, are you going to quit anyway? maybe it's better to have 2 months of a great job with a slight possibility that you'll work there after christmas than to know you're going to be stuck in your current job for quite a while longer

2. how much pay would you get at your current job as opposed to this one, considering the hours you work? if your current job will pay you $600 over christmas and if jeans west will pay $1200 even if you work extra hours, maybe you could save up the extra money incase they kick you out

3. can you afford to go without a job for a while, maybe even a year while looking for another job if jw doesn't keep you?

it's a very hard decision.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
they could be saying 2 months as a trial thing. It really depends if you can survive without work for a while if worse comes to worse. Whats life without risk i say!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
omg i applied for jeanswest cc yesterday hehe i never got a confirmation email though.. hmm i hope i entered the right addy
oh well.. if i got it [or any cc job] id prob work at woolies just 2 days a week and work there like 5-6 days.. i dont think ill be getting too many shifts at woolies due to all the juniors being cheaper than me and on holidays so yeh

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha I applied for cc at jeans west the other day, i have my interview on monday - what kind of questions did they ask you?was it a tough interview?

i think the things iambored said were what you most need to consider, its really up to you and how much you hate your current job

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
glycerine said:
haha I applied for cc at jeans west the other day, i have my interview on monday - what kind of questions did they ask you?was it a tough interview?

i think the things iambored said were what you most need to consider, its really up to you and how much you hate your current job
yeah it wasn't really a tough interview, but I know the manager cos shes my cousins ex, she just asked me about my other jobs, and why i wanted to work there and what could i offer their company and stuff like that. but i probably had an advantage cos i knew her..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)