• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Civil vs Software Engineering (1 Viewer)

PJS

HSC
Hey guys

I'm trying to decide between civil engineering and software engineering. I plan to transfer over to one or the other to start in 2009. So, if anyone wants to make a comment on either or on which is better, etc, feel free to help me make an informed decision =]

p.s. If you have an opinion on any other stream of engineering, feel free to comment on those as well, I can be open minded, but I'm really focusing on civil and software for the moment.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
lol.. civil engineering. The LAUGHING STOCK OF MODERN SOCIETY. there's a guy in one my classes who transferred from civil to IT. in the first year, you do classes with all the engineers, but the next 3 years are about... concrete. that said there's a shortage and it pays well

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Captin gay said:
lol.. civil engineering. The LAUGHING STOCK OF MODERN SOCIETY. there's a guy in one my classes who transferred from civil to IT. in the first year, you do classes with all the engineers, but the next 3 years are about... concrete. that said there's a shortage and it pays well
wat?

doink

Clone
HSC
Civil :) We all rip on them cuz they only do statics.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Captin gay said:
lol.. civil engineering. The LAUGHING STOCK OF MODERN SOCIETY.
Why exactly are they a laughing stock of modern society?

Do you have any evidence proving society thinks civil engineers are a "laughing stock"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)