Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Below Last years standard

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
On average, probably below since more people over time are completling the HSC (I know that the difference is very small). So its not only those who want to go to uni doing it.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
what do u mean by standards:
- what we wanna do with ourselves after the hsc?
or
- how well we're goin/expect to be goin for the hsc?
or something else

juggernaut

HSC
in terms of bos?
definately below

last yrs group was pretty elite.. the likes of sique, pigs, keypad, newbie etc etc etc

we have no stand outs

Winston

HSC
Well you guys are just basing it around BOS users, maybe the 1337 04'ers don't use BOS.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im only speaking for my school in saying the 04s are no where near as good as the 03s (thats not bias on my part being an 03, even the teachers agree the 04s dont have what it takes to step upto the plate)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
yeh my grade aint too good either.. as a whole... but we do have some really smart people tho, i.e. my adv. english teacher thinks we're one of the best classes to pass thru in recent years

but our year advisor said as a whole we need to improve... tut tut

Winston

HSC
Well it's also a little harsh for the O4'ers to be the ones to have a new AOS in English. But i'm pretty sure across every year is just about the same.

KarmaKitten

HSC
well if im basing it on MY school. so comparing my grade to last years grade, i think last year was WAY better. they allowed our school to be 5th in the state and they had excellent marks, 2nd in maths in the state. but then again, its too early to say

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
wait till after with all the results

its useless comparing at the moment, since all you have to base on are results from a different set of exams

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
at my school i think we are above the 03ers.. our 02ers were the best though 1 chick topped religion so yeh we cant really compete with them.. but i dont get how people cant say we are worse than the 03ers when the whole world doesnt come on these forums.. (and we also havent done the hsc)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Our 03-ers couldn't top the 02-ers, who also topped the 01-ers. They're the standard to beat, and I don't think the 04-ers are up to the challenge, from what I've seen of them.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Our 03-ers couldn't top the 02-ers, who in turn also topped the 01-ers. They're the standard to beat, and I don't think the 04-ers are up to the challenge, from what I've seen of them.
Are you concluding, that every year, get dumber as the time goes by? Or are they just lacking a bit of tenacity?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
There seems to be a hell of alot more stressing amongst the 04'ers, especially in the early part of the year.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Are you concluding, that every year, get dumber as the time goes by? Or are they just lacking a bit of tenacity?
I worded it really poorly. I meant that the 02-ers acheived higher than both 01 and 03-ers. So there's no real pattern except maybe an up-down-up-down shaped one. So I don't really have a point to make, after all that.

Aussiechick

HSC
at my school the 04's are smarter than the 03's by a long way. All the teachers say it. But I guess only time will tell if it's the truth

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
weird we were best year ever at our school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)