• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Classrooms (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
What are your classrooms like at your school?

Do you think they are satisfactory? Dull?

The classrooms at my school are satisfactory, nothing special, but in the english department our teachers put up posters on the walls to try and make the room seem more colourful.

Most of our classrooms have blackboards.

The science department could do with some fixing up, with the taps on the lab bays and general equipment.

The cooking room is adequate, but they need a system of checking everything is put back where it is supposed to go after every lesson.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
What are your classrooms like at your school?

Do you think they are satisfactory? Dull?

The classrooms at my school are satisfactory, nothing special, but in the english department our teachers put up posters on the walls to try and make the room seem more colourful.

Most of our classrooms have blackboards.

The science department could do with some fixing up, with the taps on the lab bays and general equipment.

The cooking room is adequate, but they need a system of checking everything is put back where it is supposed to go after every lesson.
ours are okay i guess. we have whiteboards mostly and in the odd classroom with blackboards the teacher get heaps cut and complain
the seats and desks and stuff in some classes are old and have chewing gum etc on them so not to good
yeah they "deocrate" abit like for english hang students poems and stuff and they have movie posters around some.

some teachers have their own classrooms and they do what they want but some teacher dont they move around

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
SCHOOL
ours were ok...they did the job.
geography tends to have a lot of posters...one geog room had all these painted t-shirts up-they freaked me out.
all the others are pretty boring
history/languages/cooking had whiteboards, all the others had blackboards
the rooms that get the afternoon sun have airconditioning.

but yeah, they did the job.

UNI
geog lecture hall=freezing cold
psych lecture hall=huge, holds about 600 people, is pretty nice
bio lecture hall=i have 3. all pretty similar really.
geog tute room=comfy chairs, similar to a school classroom, but brighter
psych tute room= see geog tute room. except the space under the desks is meant to accomodate 2 chairs, but the 2nd doesnt quite fit
bio lab= big and boring and totally unexciting, but better than my highschool science labs

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah i guess that true ^^^ they arent like 5 star hotels or anything but what do ya expect they fufuil their purpose

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I hate my business studies room. It's known as the 'educational desert'. Theres no colour in the room, no posters, no nothing. It has a blackboard. There is nooooooooooo air in this room ever. Its crap.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
My rooms are boring and plain except for my engineering studies room it has lots of windows.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ours were pretty shoddy, but the new classrooms were alright. But they get trashed pretty quickly.

gilese

NEW SCHOOL

my schools great Chifley College Senior Campus my schools rated the best in the state its brand new school only opened in 2003 it has the all new latest technologies and facilitys it rocks come to my school

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
nah cant be bothered to travel and never heard of it thanx for da invite though!
hey so how big is ur school anyways? like in terms of ppl

HSC
my rooms are nice...new tables and comfy chairs and whiteboard..
but our year is getting screwed over coz we're getting aircon in every room once we leave :(

Kulazzi

HSC
software room is nice on a hot/cold day - has air con and heater

business room is ok

english room is spacious

maths -----> we're all over the school for this subject - no fixed classroom :p

textiles is cold in mornings

society - need to glam up, add posters etc. etc.

Overall not very nice with gum under desks and some classrooms have very tiny desks so sometimes you can only have your pens and book on the table, other than that ----> satisfactory hmmmm.....7/10 rating :D :D

felafel

how ridiculous is this:

we haven't had air con in any room ever, but last year the department of education installed some in our demountables, and this year, they're taking away our demountables?!?! good and bad in different ways i suppose

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
There's air con in the library office thing, and in the principals offices... thats bout it i think.
Oh, and I forgot. Our ancient history class has no room, we haven't been in the same place twice in a row this year. Gets annoying.

G

Gavvvvvin

Our rooms have no air conditioning. The ceilings are so high they render the fans useless. The desks are covered with gum and graffitti of year 7 punks expressing their love for each other. There are no curtains on the windows. The windows are dirty. The carpet is dirty and has big rips in it. The roof is covered with little pieces of glue that people think is funny to through on it. Our school is a hole. End of story.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we have blackboards in our rooms (which i prefer) but many social science rooms have whiteboards which i HATE :chainsaw:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by gilese
my schools great Chifley College Senior Campus my schools rated the best in the state its brand new school only opened in 2003 it has the all new latest technologies and facilitys it rocks come to my school
Didn't you announce that in another thread somewhere?

My school only has aircon in some rooms, the fans are falling off and creaky...tables have gum underneath and pencil scribbled everywhere...whiteboards...etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)