• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Co op and buying texts before semester starts (2 Viewers)

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Hello

I am starting grad law at UTS next semester. I would like to purchase my texts early, and have consulted the Co op book text search to see what the required and suggested texts are for next semester.

Are these text lists accurate? I would hate to buy the texts only to find that a different edition, or text altogether is needed for the subject.

Does anyone else buy their texts early?

Thank you :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
DeVenne said:
Hello

I am starting grad law at UTS next semester. I would like to purchase my texts early, and have consulted the Co op book text search to see what the required and suggested texts are for next semester.

Are these text lists accurate? I would hate to buy the texts only to find that a different edition, or text altogether is needed for the subject.

Does anyone else buy their texts early?

Thank you :)
Nice find. Looks like UTS has sent textlists to Coop already.
Text lists should be pretty accurate- but if your doing law, there are normally heaps of texts on the list for a particular subject and you can't really tell which ones are compulsory and which ones are optional readings.

I never buy texts early though.. I wait until the first lecture to get the subject outline which confirms what texts to buy.

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Huratio said:
Text lists should be pretty accurate- but if your doing law, there are normally heaps of texts on the list for a particular subject and you can't really tell which ones are compulsory and which ones are optional readings.
Yes I am afraid of purchasing texts that aren't needed. Perhaps I will just borrow the texts from the library in the mean time and wait till semester starts.

maka

HSC
I would do what Huratio recommended.

I have been to lectures before where people have bought 2 $100 texts and the lecturer just says pick which one you want.

Its often best to wait.

However, LRM would be the Ellis text and the Legal Research book.

Criminal Law should be the blue Criminal Laws book by Brown et al I think.

If you want to get the books, perhaps you could ask the Co Op on their exchange policy.

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Ah ok thanks for the advice. I will be purchasing the legal dictionary, the legal citation book (which will be vastly different after years of using Harvard), The LRM books and criminal Brown et al.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)