Colesmyer christmas casuals (1 Viewer)

zatriax

HSC
hey, ive been reading all these threads on colesmyer and im SO confused! like how many processes do you have to go through to get a job? is it really hard in the group interviews and what sorts of things do they ask you? during christmas, can you get alot of shifts? i need money to go overseas... just really worried about the interviews...

bron_the_ambo

HSC
I work at Bi Lo and all I had to do was apply online, and then about 6 months later I got a phone call from head office asking for my school report. I faxed that in and in about 5 weeks the shop called me in for an interview and that was it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's not really hard to get into group intervies, in fact, it's too easy, they take more into group interviews than they can ever possibly hire

theone123

blue essence
HSC
iambored said:
it's not really hard to get into group intervies, in fact, it's too easy, they take more into group interviews than they can ever possibly hire
because the fact that group interviews are reasonably cheap to maintain...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
zatriax said:
hey, ive been reading all these threads on colesmyer and im SO confused! like how many processes do you have to go through to get a job? is it really hard in the group interviews and what sorts of things do they ask you? during christmas, can you get alot of shifts? i need money to go overseas... just really worried about the interviews...
a lot of shifts? YES!
well to start off i had a few a week. that only lasted for the first week.
Then i was working up to 60 hour weeks.
Yeah, leading up to christmas and through stocktake i had 40 to 60 hours a week at myer, usually open to close 6 days a week.
Then after scan count, towards february, i was only getting one or two a week, cos they didn't need the staff any more. and sadly, i was not asked to stay on :(
Oh well, i got enough money to go on spending sprees and pay for first year uni!

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
yeh i never went to a group interview and i applied online. i had to fill out some quiz thing to see what kind of employee i was. then i just got a phone call and had a one on one interview with a store manager at kmart. and yep, got the job. got plenty of shifts...been there 2 years now...i'd say about half the ppl hired get asked to stay on..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)