• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

College Dilemma - New College or Goldstein? (1 Viewer)

Which college?

• New College

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Goldstein

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

retece

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am having difficulty choosing a college between New College and Goldstein.

I am happy to listen to the views of anyone, but I would be particulary interested in someone who has stayed at either of these colleges to list some of pros and cons of these two colleges?

I have had prior experience with New College, staying there for three nights for a science forum so I enjoyed the New College environment. I don't know much about Goldstein so I need to find more information about this college. I have friends going to New College and I would love to go there but I have been offered a 50% accommodation scholarship from Goldstein as well.

I need to make a decision very soon, by Monday afternoon...

grimreaper

HSC
retece said:
Hi everyone,

I am having difficulty choosing a college between New College and Goldstein.

I am happy to listen to the views of anyone, but I would be particulary interested in someone who has stayed at either of these colleges to list some of pros and cons of these two colleges?

I have had prior experience with New College, staying there for three nights for a science forum so I enjoyed the New College environment. I don't know much about Goldstein so I need to find more information about this college. I have friends going to New College and I would love to go there but I have been offered a 50% accommodation scholarship from Goldstein as well.

I need to make a decision very soon, by Monday afternoon...
Well I would say it depends on what you want most out of college. New College residents are, in general, more academic (and get better results) than those at any of the kenso colleges (as far as I'm aware). However, the kenso colleges do have more of an party atmosphere, particulary as no alcohol is allowed in New (not saying that you wont have a lot of fun at New, just saying kenso is a little crazier and has a few more alcoholics). I'd recommend goldstein myself, youll only get to go through the college "experience" once, but it really depends on what you want from it.

By the way, I'm not actually at goldstein but it does seem like a good place to live - although its small (only 70-80 people), it has a good community atmosphere and everyone seems friends with everyone else. Also, 50% off your college fees is.... awesome

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
If I had to choose between them, disregarding finances, I'd choose New College. But a 50% scholarship... that's pretty good.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I got offered a position at New College, and was dead set on going there, except I couldn't afford the fees. It's the most awesome place! If you can afford it, go for it - even though it costs more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)