• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

College Dinners (1 Viewer)

Ashleet

HSC
how formal are these - is it full formal as in like reenactment of year 12 formal dress or just cocktail ( Black dress black heels)?

Ashleet

HSC
im gonna have fun fitting a dress with like 10 m of tulle in a dust protector

santaslayer

HSC
lol.......ashleet r u gonna stay away from home for like 5 years straight?.....if not u could always pack that in ur fifth year!

ND

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
lol.......ashleet r u gonna stay away from home for like 5 years straight?.....if not u could always pack that in ur fifth year!
I think she's referring to the formal dinner which they have every now and then. Why do guys have to wear a tie? Damn, you look so much better in a nice suit (not that i'm gonna start buying Gucci suits yet) without a tie...

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by ND
I think she's referring to the formal dinner which they have every now and then. Why do guys have to wear a tie? Damn, you look so much better in a nice suit (not that i'm gonna start buying Gucci suits yet) without a tie...

yeah where im staying has like 6-8 formal dinners per year

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
girls-- how many formal dresses should one bring?
(surely not a new one for every single occasion! - how many times do ya reckon u could get away with wearing the same dress? or does no-one really care if u wear it a lot?)

i only have one 'formal' dress (from yr12 - it's a beeyootiful shade of pink! :)) and it was expensive, so i don't wanna have to buy too many more formal dresses...

maybe just buy one or two more not-so-expensive dresses that still look formal-ish?? ;)

Ashleet

HSC
im taking 2 formal dresses, a ball gown (maybe) and a variety of cocktail dresses that can be changed through accesories. the simple black dress is a perfect option if u dont wanna buy or take too much can they can be changed so easily with a few additions to look diff every time

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Crikey.
I only have like one or two nice dresses, I don't know if either of them are formal enough for a formal dinner (for the yr12 formal I just wore this lavendar dress from Tree of Life, not really suitable for a college dinner), so I've been kind of wondering the same thing.

bex

HSC
at sancta every monday night is "formal"- all the girls have to wear skirts, shoes stockings etc as well as academic dress...

at csu we have some semi formal events- but this can mean anything for girls from nice tops and skirts to sparkly dresses or even jeans... theyre pretty flexible! we have one really formal event each year called the cinderella ball.. its from midnite till 6am but all the dorm parties start around 9ish.. i was so drunk that i passed out at 2!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)