Com/Sci vs Com/Engineering (1 Viewer)

KevinWu

HSC
Hey sup guys. So I'm having trouble deciding between comm/sci and com/engineering. I ultimately want to work in an IB, which one would be more benefical? Com/engineering is 6 years whilst comm/sci is 4 years. The majors in science seem not very useful whilst I've heard the majors in engineering are very helpful in terms of understanding what a company does. I'm interested in both so what to choose?

rx34

HSC
Go comm/eng. My sister is a mechanical engineer and she got offers from NAB and a few other smaller banks. Unlike her science friends who did not get that many offers. It seems banks prefer to hire engineers than scientists.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
Comm/eng is a good degree that employers like cause its very full on and hardcore from the students point of view - you do programming, maths, physics, chemistry, design, basically like everything. Not sure what major in Eng would be most relevant for IB though.
Comm/sci is also a good combination in terms of IB if you major in mathematics for science and finance or actuarial studies for commerce.

Epic

HSC
How would engineering benefit investment banking in any way?

A major in finance and maths would go nicely together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)