• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Comeback? (1 Viewer)

svad

HSC
Hey,
I've been slowly getting my prelim marks back, and they're horrible (considering I didn't study well for anything but english 💀). By 'horribly', I mean receiving no band 6's, just passing, expecting a higher mark but receiving significantly less, etc. If I preformed like this for my HSC I very well know my ATAR will NOT be above 60 😭

Is it possible to bounce back? I know some people may say 'as long as you're interested' or 'anything is possible' etc. Im not saying they're wrong, but I wanna know if anyone was actually able to get a 90+ ATAR after performing just as horribly in prelims.

Last edited:

jane1820

HSC
yes u can trust bro
just study n it will be all good u can completely fail in yr 11 n then boom academic comeback

maybe 90+ is hard but not impossible TRUST MAN TRUST

wildwestworm

HSC
The answer to these type of questions will always be yes. I know it may seem hard to believe but you 1000% can get a 90+ ATAR since your year 11 marks don't count towards your ATAR. Regardless a 90+ ATAR requires a lot of effort, so yes you do have to put in a lot of work from now on and learn from your year 11 mistakes. Good luck with year 12!

e8zks

HSC
Hey,
I've been slowly getting my prelim marks back, and they're horrible (considering I didn't study well for anything but english 💀). By 'horribly', I mean receiving no band 6's, just passing, expecting a higher mark but receiving significantly less, etc. If I preformed like this for my HSC I very well know my ATAR will NOT be above 60 😭

Is it possible to bounce back? I know some people may say 'as long as you're interested' or 'anything is possible' etc. Im not saying they're wrong, but I wanna know if anyone was actually able to get a 90+ ATAR after performing just as horribly in prelims.
Yes Bro, you need to lock in, you can do it, any u can do it, what subjects are u currently doing?

spiderfan44

HSC
Hey,

yea. back in year 11 i was fucking awful at time management and was turning in a lot of assignments half done or half assed. i didnt study up until the last 2 weeks of prelims.

those shitty prelim marks kinda hit me so i ended up rethinking stuff in holidays and really getting into studying. i got into the routine of studying 5 hours a day (5 hours is pretty excess and i only do it bcuz i have slow processing) and started doing really well.

you can bounce back, IF you start changing things up significantly.

start writing your notes. dont just copy ur textbook or what ur teacher says, re word it, that way you have to actually understand the concept. hand writing also helps a lot

get into a routine, everyday after school study/do assignments for 3 hours, same time every day.

ask for feedback from ur teachers.

svad

HSC
yea. back in year 11 i was fucking awful at time management and was turning in a lot of assignments half done or half assed. i didnt study up until the last 2 weeks of prelims.

those shitty prelim marks kinda hit me so i ended up rethinking stuff in holidays and really getting into studying. i got into the routine of studying 5 hours a day (5 hours is pretty excess and i only do it bcuz i have slow processing) and started doing really well.

you can bounce back, IF you start changing things up significantly.

start writing your notes. dont just copy ur textbook or what ur teacher says, re word it, that way you have to actually understand the concept. hand writing also helps a lot

get into a routine, everyday after school study/do assignments for 3 hours, same time every day.

ask for feedback from ur teachers.
Yess i've started changing my routine already by doing these things, i'm tired of being an academic victim 😔✊

svad

HSC
Ok, u have a lot of subjects there, how do u have 7?
its only 13 units total? I need those 7 subjects to have the minimum 12 unit requirement in year 11. Im dropping software soon tho so ill have 6 subjects, 11 units

urfuturelawyer

HSC
Hey,

very possible, focus on your 10 best units and lock in for year 12 and a 90 atar is very achievable I failed most of my prelims and I'm doing fairly well rn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)