• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

comm/ecc/business (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
whats the difference between commerce and business?

i did commerce in yr 8 and business in yr 10, still cant tell the difference.

im coz UTS doesnt offer comm/llb (like the other unis) but business/LLb only :vcross:

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
To me:

Commerce is more devoted to the transactions between entities. That is in a commerce degree you will hit more of the accounting, finance, commercial law, banking, e-commerce areas..

Business is more about the overall internal operating environment focusing more on things like marketing, HR, PR, communications, management and so on .

Although nowadays the lines are quite blurred and you could probably structure a commerce degree to be very business oriented and a business degree to be strongly commerce oriented.

That's just my opinion, I noticed no one else said anything so didn't want to leave you hanging. If you check the website of your prospective uni against others offering a different degree (business vs commerce) you'll notice the majors in the 2 degrees will vary in some apsects and be similar in others.

S

Shuter

For the purposes of these courses they are almost identical. Even the unis says that.

If the majors you want are offered at both, then it'll give you the same education basically.

Anyway I'm probably going for business anyway because it's a lower UAI at UTS, and I happen to be interested more in management side of things rather than accounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)