Commerce/Law....Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Slush Puppy

Apparently, i heard that the Com/Law course at UNSW would only allow you to do one Commerce major whereas the one at USYD allows 2. Is that true cause if it is...jeeeeez, some major soul searching in the last 72 hours before finalising my UAC preferences :pain:

kini mini

HSC
That's not what I heard, but I could be wrong. There was a lot of talk about co-majors in their booklets. Their website also suggests you can do 2 majors except under "certain circumstances" which probably means that it might be impossible to schedule. That is a risk I'm sure you will have at USyd as well...

timmii

sporadic attendee
I asked the deans this question yesterday/today so to clarify:

At USYD it used to be compulsory to do a double major in commerce even combined with law. This year it is more flexible, and although no longer compulsory, it is most common.

At UNSW, the commerce faculty don't really accommodate a double major within the combined law structure. Some people do choose to do the overload of work, and although the faculty does work with them on that, they're having difficulty properly recognising the double major. He did however add that they are looking seriously into that this year to see how things can change...but he added that it really is too much work and cannot see it really taking off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)