Common question: What should i do for my pip? (1 Viewer)

History 101

HSC
Hey guys, so I have been seeing a lot of posts asking what people should be doing for their PIPS.
There is no given formula as to what makes a good PIP. It depends entirely upon you!

So here comes a little anecdote:
I was sitting on the train yesterday, and an old Chinese lady gave me a pamphlet on Falun Gong. And considering I didn't bring a book, and I left my headphones at my house I had nothing to do, so I began to read it. Falun Gong is a type of spiritual meditation which arose in China in 1992. However to my shock I continued to read and it said "millions of people who were practicing Falun Gong were persecuted in 1999" as they became a threat to the Communist Party. Later on that day, I met my friend (who happened to be Chinese) so I asked him whether he had heard of this 'Falun Gong' situation. He told me that his mother told him Falun Gong was merely a ' bad gang.' THIS is where my attention was really grabbed. THIS is where the DEBATE starts. Of course more research would have to be done since the validity of the two sources could be questioned. However at least I found something to start with. Two conflicting perspectives which YOU find interesting. A debate which makes YOU want to search for answers.

So basically, what I am trying to say is, find a topic which INTERESTS YOU. Don't find one which is interesting to your teacher, or one which has been overdone. Find something out of the box. Something which you've never even heard of! Spend the time to research your options. Because essentially it will be YOU who is writing the PIP, so it is best you find a topic which you find to be enjoyable.

Hope this inspires you all to find an amazing topic!

:)

image (1).jpgimage (2).jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)