communication---do we have to kno about the reflex arc??? (1 Viewer)

Nezz

HSC
I havent heard of it so i'm hopin not... what is it related to?

s2ophie

HSC
i don't think so. never heard of it. check your syllabus and if you can fit it in let us know!

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
nope, this was moved to the Senior Science syllabus in the Pharmaceutics Option.

Bio should not have to worry about it.

trinity

but isn't the reflex arc to do with that whole thing about stimulus-->receptor-->messenger-->effector-->response ??? i think it's like the first dot point in communication....

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
ahh, good point.

Sounds possible... I'm not doing that option in Bio, so I can't be sure, but sounds like the same thing. Reflexes aren't exactly that however, they are reflexes as opposed to reactions..

Azn fairies

reflex arc.. is the stuff about light... it's general knowldege but i don't think thye will ask dirrect questions on it..

reflect arc is when light hits a meduim (like water)..and makes a angle and the opposite to that nagle is the relfect arc. (err.. im not sure if this is right or not.. so yeah)

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
actually... no.. in this case (biologically),

from two senior science dot points:

P Responses of muscles and glands as effectors

Muscles and Glands either contract or secrete hormones/chemicals that are part of an effect or motor response from a signal given by an efferent neurone, or motor neurone.
They are known as effectors. Muscles react almost instantly to the effector neurone, but hormones must travel in the circulatory system after secretion from the gland, so their effect takes longer to reach target cell, but their eventual effect may be longer lasting.

P Reflect Arcs

Reflexes are actions that your body performs unconsciously and automatically.

A reflex arc is the nervous pathway along which the impulses travel for a reflex action.

Sensor ->
Sensory Neurone -> CNS (however only the spinal cord V an interneurone) -> Motor Neurone -> Effector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)