Comp Help (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
ok so im really bad at the comp paper

what is a good way to answer the questions?
is there a good scaffold I should use?
is it beneficial to put more evidence, like for 4 marks, is there a benefit to doing 4 QTAs as opposed to 3 QTAs?

scaryshark09

HSC
also how do you answer a 6 marker thats only 1 text? do you still split into paras?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
ok so im really bad at the comp paper

what is a good way to answer the questions?
is there a good scaffold I should use?
is it beneficial to put more evidence, like for 4 marks, is there a benefit to doing 4 QTAs as opposed to 3 QTAs?
TQP. Technique -> quote -> point. it's a tried and true scaffold i use. it ends up being so that i have one sentence for each quote, eg. the [technique] in [this quote] shows [point]. then you rinse and repeat as many times as you have to. i switched to this way of answering the qs and went from getting like 16s in year 11 for comp papers to 19 in the trial bc it's quick and gets to the point

it's not beneficial to put more evidence than you need for the marks. it just wastes time. for 4 marks, just do one topic sentence + 3 TQPs. no link needed (ik some schools say it for 3-4 marks but if ur running out of time u might as well not. 5 marks i'd suggest a link but it's not needed)

if i can find it i can email a really good reading task study pack from someone who consistently got full marks for the comp paper and compiled a scaffold and how to answer every comp q

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
also how do you answer a 6 marker thats only 1 text? do you still split into paras?
two ways to do it:
two diff ideas split into two paras, each with two quotes, or one topic sentence + 5 quotes. often i find the first one is easier but the second one is fine too, i've used both depending on how many good distinct ideas i can find in the texts to fit the q

scaryshark09

HSC
thanks for that!

if i can find it i can email a really good reading task study pack from someone who consistently got full marks for the comp paper and compiled a scaffold and how to answer every comp q
yes please, ill dm my email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)