COMP1911 for absolute beginners (1 Viewer)

plasticities

HSC
I was entertaining the notion of doing comp1911 as a gened. But is it reasonable for a person who has no computer/programming experience or knowledge to do very well in this course?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
better to do ENG1811 imo if you have no programming experience

D94

HSC
N/A
I would not recommend doing COMP1911 if you have absolutely no experience, because chances are you will hate it.

Even ENGG1811, that contains programming with VBA and Excel. It's not only spreadsheets and filling in tables, it's actual programming, linking Excel databases and information to VBA and vice versa.

I reckon there are plenty of other courses to do for gen ed, which are far better than computing.

plasticities

HSC
I would not recommend doing COMP1911 if you have absolutely no experience, because chances are you will hate it.

Even ENGG1811, that contains programming with VBA and Excel. It's not only spreadsheets and filling in tables, it's actual programming, linking Excel databases and information to VBA and vice versa.

I reckon there are plenty of other courses to do for gen ed, which are far better than computing.
Thanks for the advice. Do you happen to know if you can take 12uoc of gened from the same faculty? I assumed this was the case but my friend said otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)