• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Comp3600 (1 Viewer)

Camden...

HSC
This is probably a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has done this course or heard anything about it? I'm currently enrolled in it because I thought it would be worthwhile, but I've found the lecturer to be very difficult to understand due to his strong accent. This has the potential to be a big problem later in the course since it's quite mathematical and some important advanced concepts will probably be introduced.

If anyone has done it, how difficult is this course? and also is it possible to get a decent grade without attending lectures but keeping up to date with readings in the textbook, and doing all lab work and assignments well.

Thanks

Evilo

HSC
Camden... said:
nd also is it possible to get a decent grade without attending lectures but keeping up to date with readings in the textbook, and doing all lab work and assignments well.
yeah good luck with that.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
It's possible, you just have to be dedicated with doing the readings.
a 3rd year comp course? 1st year yes, 2nd year pushing it....

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Evilo said:
a 3rd year comp course? 1st year yes, 2nd year pushing it....
psssh, i'm sure most people would say that about maths too, but i've had no trouble with 3rd year maths courses...

Sammy-Blue

HSC
humphdogg said:
psssh, i'm sure most people would say that about maths too, but i've had no trouble with 3rd year maths courses...
Fair enough, but I usually find the best way to learn maths is to just sit there doing similar questions over and over. Maths lectures (given I've only done one maths course) to me were fairly pointless anyway.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Sammy-Blue said:
Fair enough, but I usually find the best way to learn maths is to just sit there doing similar questions over and over. Maths lectures (given I've only done one maths course) to me were fairly pointless anyway.
Maybe for applied maths (i.e. just doing lots of integration or differentiation questions, or things like that), but for more advanced pure maths where all your assessment comes from proving things in assignments and exams, you can't really study that way. Easiest way for me is to just read the textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)