• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Comparative study of contexts essay (1 Viewer)

Hey Arnold

HSC
N/A
My 1st assessment task is to compose an essay comparing the portrayal of values in the different contexts of 2 texts.

Has anyone received a similar assessment task and if so how did you guys approach it? If anyone could provide me with general insights, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does this sound like an ideal approach to you guys?

Present a mutual value as the basis for a paragraph and discuss the different contextual implications affiliated with the value in relation to each text. I'd then highlight the portrayal of the value through specific techniques respective to each text.

Thanks in advance guys!

rawrence

HSC
My 1st assessment task is to compose an essay comparing the portrayal of values in the different contexts of 2 texts.

Has anyone received a similar assessment task and if so how did you guys approach it? If anyone could provide me with general insights, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does this sound like an ideal approach to you guys?

Present a mutual value as the basis for a paragraph and discuss the different contextual implications affiliated with the value in relation to each text. I'd then highlight the portrayal of the value through specific techniques respective to each text.

Thanks in advance guys!
How complicated do you want your approach to be? Reading that made my head spin, keep your approach simple and concise, you're examined on how well you understand the text not how verbose you can be

Also how is your assessment Module A if you say you're sitting HSC in 2012 (In your signature)?

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm finding some schools are teaching Texts and Contexts from Year 10 already...

Anyway, your approach sounds good and similar to what I tell my tutoring students to do. Structure your paragraphs so they go:

Topic sentence - explain common idea dealt with in both texts
Text 1 - explain how common idea is specifically portrayed in Text 1 and how this is a reflection of its contextual issues.
- use techniques etc to back up.
Text 2 - explain how common idea is specifically portrayed in Text 2 and how this is a reflection of its contextual issues
Ending topic sentence.

Basically - move from macro (the common/universal idea) to micro (the major/minor differences in that idea - relating to context).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)