• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Comparing UNSW and USYD (1 Viewer)

SanFrancisco

HSC
What's up all ya' aussies!

I am all the way in SF and I am looking for some feedback on some schools in Sydney -- specifically UNSW and USYD.

I am interested in both of their Master of Commerce programs (Information Systems).

Pros and cons?

Do employers prefer a degree in Commerce from one school over the other?

Any info would be appreciated ... Thanks!

Quintin

HSC
usyd has a great rep, apparently unsw has a slightly better one but they are a much of a muchness.

i hope you like maths because both have a lot esp. in first year and its all compulsory... oh and the lecturers hate teaching first year (see the murray smith post)...

look at the subjects you want to do at eah uni. From that decide what is the best choice for you personally.

also look in depth at the colleges and decide what is best for you.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/590/general-university-sydney/85491/residential-colleges.html

Cheers and good luck!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Quintin said:
usyd has a great rep, apparently unsw has a slightly better one but they are a much of a muchness.

i hope you like maths because both have a lot esp. in first year and its all compulsory... oh and the lecturers hate teaching first year (see the murray smith post)...

look at the subjects you want to do at eah uni. From that decide what is the best choice for you personally.

also look in depth at the colleges and decide what is best for you.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/590/general-university-sydney/85491/residential-colleges.html

Cheers and good luck!
MASTER of commerce, not Bachelor.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
SanFrancisco said:
What's up all ya' aussies!

I am all the way in SF and I am looking for some feedback on some schools in Sydney -- specifically UNSW and USYD.

I am interested in both of their Master of Commerce programs (Information Systems).

Pros and cons?

Do employers prefer a degree in Commerce from one school over the other?

Any info would be appreciated ... Thanks!
Most of the people on these forums are undergrads, so they probably won't be able to give you the information you're looking for.

I've moved this thread into General University Discussion - you'll get opinions from UNSW and USyd students in there, which will make for a more objective perspective :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)