Composition worries... (1 Viewer)

blues_special

Hey, so how are everyones compositions going?

Mine (internal assesment) is due on Tuesday and im having some problems.

My piece is written for drums, bass, and guitars, and the problem is that it is extremely difficult to notate the guitar parts.

This is particularly so with the lead guitar. I am having trouble working out the values of the notes i am playing. If it was on keyboard, i would just play it into the computer, but that is not possible with a guitar. Also because of the fact that i cant play keyboard.

I have a guitar tabing program that when you put the notes in on tab they are also put in standard notation above (that is where you change the note values).

So my question boils down to, how do i work out the individual note values of my blazing (lol) guitar solos? Or, do you think i would likely be marked down for leaving the standard notation off and just keeping the tab?

Any help would greatly relieve me!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
if ur having trouble with rhythms then try this...
first dont worry about the pitch for the mo, and work out what time signature ur in... how many beats are there in a bar and stuff and work out the regular pulse
then write out the bars, and above each bar mark in the quavers or semiquvers if u wana and then try to subdivide the rhythm and try to work it out. Do it slowly it easier. And try just clapping the rhythm back after youve written it to see if the rythms right. Be aware of syncopation and stuff if u have any. Wehn u compose stuff you should write them down as you go along. so yeah all you have to do is SUBDIVIDE!!! subdiviiiiiiiiiiiiide!!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
by the way dont use tabs cos u wont get as good marks. Tabs cant show accurate rhythms and wont show the markers ur understanding of musical notation and the way you want the piece to sound like. The markers look for how you communicate ur performance directions and stuf like that. And tabs dont show much apart from what string/fret to play and its just telling u how to play the guitar... you have to show how to play the music!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)