• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

condensation and addition polymers (1 Viewer)

mishy89

HSC
can anyone please help me with this question:

- Give a description of an example of each type of polymer (condensation and addition polymers) and of its use.

if anyone knows any good examples of any polymer then can you please reply asap as i need it by tonight

mishy89

HSC
wow dats heapz! ok i've decided for addition polymer im doing PVC but im still deciding for condensation polymer..

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
mishy89 said:
wow dats heapz! ok i've decided for addition polymer im doing PVC but im still deciding for condensation polymer..
It's usually cellulose. Although you can choose to do something else. Nylon isn't too bad either.

mishy89

HSC
is PVC good to ryt bout for the addition polymer? im gonna do nylon for the condensation

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I would suggest doing PVC, because you can relate its uses to its properties, whereas for cellulose, it's a little harder to do that. :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Riviet said:
I would suggest doing PVC, because you can relate its uses to its properties, whereas for cellulose, it's a little harder to do that. :p
PVC is addition and cellulose is condensation, so you can't really choose one or the other - you need both.

Also, PVC, polystyrene and ethylene are the additional polymers you are required to know. You are also required to know cellulose, although to a smaller extent - i.e. no relating-properties-to-uses stuff. Read this section of the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)