Congratulations for achieving average marks (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongle

HSC
All you douchebags out there just listen to the what the topic starter has to say before you bombard him with your self-righteous rhetoric.

Dongle

HSC
angmor said:
if you went to a selective school, private school, or had tutoring , you should all just shut the fuck up and get out of this thread. no one wants to know how great you did because you had a better oppurtunity than others. the people who should be congratulated are those who acheived what they expected of themselves.
I dont even know why you created this thread for. To show us how shit we are and then show off your UAI? fuck off. Most people had to work for their UAI the hard way, think yourself lucky then maybe you can get somewhere in society.
Also, sorry for double posting, but what makes you think people in selective schools didn't have to work for ther UAI? You DON'T even know how hard many of us work, and STILL you judge us on preassumptions.

I doubt the topic starter intended for you to 'feel like shit', but if that's the way you responded in order to justify a fiery outburst at your own shortcomings in life, good for you.

psychochondriac

HSC
ok yeah sure, public vs private whatever, but the fact is if you live outside of the greater syd metropolitan region(inc the gong and newcastle), and big rural centres, you don't have a choice. so whoever said that oh hey, my sister went to some country public school and it was better than my private school because it had air con - wtf? way to miss the point. i had friends in syd who got to go to all those ed assist lectures and similar throughout the year, but for us to do it we've also gotta pay travel and accom and it all gets expensive. also, my adv eng class never saw king lear performed, because the only one available was in bondi, which is a looong way from where we live, and the drought meant no-one could afford it. i also did a subject, in a class on my own, that no-one in the school had ever done before, and thus none of the teachers had ever taught it before. so the fact that i got an e3 makes me pretty fucking happy, and i think what that person was trying to say was that when you have to overcome extra challenges just to get an average mark, sometimes it is infuriating when you think of schools where the median mark is 99. i duxed with 94.95. and thinking of 97 as average makes me pissed that my parents are farmers :p

ok so that was a massive whiiinge, sorry. and i'm really not that pissed, i really liked my school. and um, hm.

anyway, to the thread starter, thanks for the thread - i think its a nice idea. and congrats on your mark, that is definitely not too shabby. and in time uais will all be forgotten anyway. ultimately what matters is that you worked for your mark and achieved a decent mark, and what you were relative to your cohort is pretty irrelevant - after all, you'll probably never see them again so no-one will be able to compare you all anymore! hehehe...

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Thank you ybnormal for trying to point out what really should matter, finishing the HSC regardless of what marks you acheived. We all should be proud that we acheived something that many could not, instead of debating if private or public schools have the greatest advantage/ disadvantage.

The point I'm trying to make is be proud that you completed something that many people wont and cant and to put it bluntly stop crying about your marks. Theres always away to get into uni it might just take you longer. Plus in a years time no one is going to be talking about UAI's

Last edited:

haque

HSC
LottoX said:
Breast, don't worry, high achievers is for poops, and what really matters is whether you got inot the course you wanted to. 97 is enough to get into any applied finance course, man. Be happy.
agreed, as long as u get into ur course it's great(however i guess others have personal milestones they want to achieve)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
cmifsud said:
B35Ty, once you're in uni, no one is going to give a stuff about what UAI you got, and if you tell people what you got they will think you are up yourself.
true. after the first couple of weeks ive never even heard anyone mention a UAI. I was writing a CV recently, and put my school results towards the end, as they're so unimportant. People care about how well you do at uni, not some number you got in school. I'm glad to have gone through that, so I can better educate my kids into the fact that the UAI isn't the 'end-all'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)