Connecting Texts (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
im doing imaginative journeys... i cant quite seem to connect my texts like...

i talk about "Frost at Midnight" then i want to move onto "This lime tree bower my prison" but i cant seem to connect them... any tips on how to connect the texts or on how to make them flow?

zingerburger

HSC
You don't always have to use similarities to link the texts - you can use differences to link them. E.g. "Unlike Text A, Text B uses Technique/Theme X to convey the concept of the <insert appropriate> Journey," or something along those lines.

And if all else fails, you can always use the actual concept of whatever Journey you're studying. E.g. "Similarly, Text B conveys the concept of the Imaginative Journey. However, the way in which the composer conveys their concepts differs to Text A," or something like that, and then start going into your techniques and supporting evidence.

I tend to have a small linking paragraph of about two or three sentences in between my texts. Of course, this only works if you talk about the texts separately and not regularly switching between texts throughout a paragraph.

I'm hardly the best English student around, and maybe someone else might be able to give you better tips, but what I've said seems to work for me good enough. Just remember to start you links using certain words like "similarly", "however", "unlike", "comparatively to", "in contrast with" etc. and making links between texts will be easier. I hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)