• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

conservative vs liberalism,economically and/or socially.Whats your'e preference? (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
so pretty much in politics disreguarding the country,what policies or parties do you prefer to lead when the going gets tough when/if events such as recessions,depressions or terrorist attacks were to occur?

And also relating to policies,economically and socially who do who prefer and why?

I am a social liberal because everyones different and deserves to be treated equally.But economically i reckon im centre-right because i would prefer cutting taxes, rather than stimulating the economy however i wouldnt want inflation to run out of controll.So i wouldn't increase overall spending too much.

Basically whats your'e creed?.

Last edited:

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
so pretty much in politics disreguarding the country,what policies or parties do you prefer to lead when the going gets tough when/if events such as recessions,depressions or terrorist attacks were to occur?

And also relating to policies,economically and socially who do who prefer and why?

I am a social liberal because everyones different and deserves to be treated equally.But economically i reckon im centre-right because i would prefer cutting taxes (below $100k incomes only) rather than stimulating the economy however i wouldnt want inflation to run out of controll.So i wouldn't increase overall spending too much.

You basically have the right idea.

Now you just need to realize that people who earn more than 100k a year are not just greedy fat cats who need to have their money taken from them, they are generally productive people who are contributing to the economy and punishing them for being more productive is a terrible idea that will create a disincentive for them to work hard and innovate.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i reckon im centre-right because i would prefer cutting taxes (below $100k incomes only)

Why??

So you're punishing people for being successful?

You don't want to cut the taxes of people who pay the most tax, both dollar sum and rate?

And besides, taxing the "wealthy" makes them less productive, and everyone eventually suffers as a result.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
what a novel idea for a thread! and in NCAP no less!

Oh bravo to you, you old hound. ;)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

I am a social liberal because everyones different and deserves to be treated equally.But economically i reckon im centre-right because i would prefer cutting taxes (below $100k incomes only) rather than stimulating the economy however i wouldnt want inflation to run out of controll.So i wouldn't increase overall spending too much.

Your grasp on economics is dismal at best. You sound like an arrogant 12 year-old who just learnt about the injections and withdrawals diagram.
And if you really want to test where your sensibilities lie, try going to politicalcompass.org and completing their quiz. By the sounds of it, you're not actually centre-right in your economic thinking, you're just greedy. Which would be centre-left.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
shuttup moll you idiot. you were a dickhead year 12 student at one time and you're only marginally better now as a cocky first year know-it-all douche.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
k dude.
Least I'm improving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)