continuing japanese... (1 Viewer)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
im not sure at the moment
i don't want to forget how to speak it
cept the thing is i wanna study med so i dunno
if i dont get into med i will do something combining business and japanese maybe.
i dunno, i want to learn more langauges as well

the thing is, sometimes i feel stupid speaking japanese because i am a white person ---
and you know how there's a particular type of white person who seems like they want to become asian? well, i don't want to turn into one of them, ie like my old japanese teacher. he so wanted to be jap it wasnt funny, it was just sad. and i dont want that to happen.

so yeah,
i dunno
i like japanese though i am getting a bit sick of it at the moment but im sure after HSC i will like it again.
i prefer to speak it and hear it than to read it and write it, and you know the focus at the moment is writing and reading cos speaking is finished. hmm

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I want to, but there's no room because I'm applying for a double degree in Engineer and Science advanced. :(

I'm thinking of doing Japanese outside of university.

rach-crisisover

i want to keep learning japanese but not in a classroom environment...i cant learn like that ...thats y im doing so bad in jap now ... so my plan... live in japan for a while ...learn it that way :p
my jap teacher didnt speak a word of jap til he went there when he was 30 and he speaks fluently now ...

nakata

im planning of getting a combined commerce and arts so i can learn japanese. There is no point in learning a language, if your not going to be good at it, even if it is just to get marks, or to travel places. So i think its good for everyone who is learning jap at high scool to continue at uni or somewere, even Rach's idea of staying in Japan is pretty cool, cause that definitely helps. From what i hear, learning a language is really beneficial to perhaps, job prospects or even more, hehe if your lucky you can be translator for the prime minister heh.

And luigi shouldnt feel stupid wen you do speak another language, comin from a asian, i think that it shows that your smart and all that other soppy stuff. Cause its rare to find 'white' ppl speaking an asian language, and its cool, specially if chiks speak it hehe. Like in channel 31, they usually have a tv show, where 'white' ppl talk chinese and stuff. its really good. And all the asian audiences fully dig it:)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
thanks nakata ^_^
that was really nice.....
maybe i will continue it, because i like it and im good at it... hmm..
ps when is that show on ? do u know ? cos i wanna see it

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Continue with Japanese. I would've really like to learn french (maybe german) too, or failing that, acquire a few accents.

Look at it the other way around, asians speaking fluent french and german... :) I don't feel stupid speaking french, neither does my asian friend who did 3u french...

Staying overseas a year will really help your Japanese.. you'll be thinking Jap, atalking Jap all the time. You won't become the teacher who wants to become Jap. You'll just gain new friends. ^_^

- I, who speak multiple languages...

and, nakata, I'd like to see that show too. I know I won't dig it, I'm anti-nationalist and anti-azn-pride.;)
[what's the deal, anyway? I keep on seeing arrongance from some asians I meet, especially some chinese friend. Like they're descended directly from God or something :D (remember? Japanese myth.)]

nakata

well, its on channel 31, some people cant recieve it for some reason, but people around bankstown canterbury area should be able to, then higher places.

its usually tuesday from 6:30 or was it 7:30
sometimes it doesnt show it, which kinda sucks. but it should be on.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yeah, BJ i wanna learn more languages too

french, cos i already know some and the accent is cool.. lol
GReek (for some strange reason), korean... then eventually spanish & portuguese... weird combination hey... well i'll just see...

debugz

HSC
just a note to say, im taking up japanese as a sub-major in uni. and i do a flat out IT degree at uts, but im using up some of my electives for 8 credit points in jap. At UTS its easy to pick up japanese and other languages as part of electives.

You can start off a Level 1, 2,3... - 8 or so. so when u leave hs, and uve done yr 11 and 12... u can pop straight into level 4...

so yeah.. its not hard to learn a lanaguage at uni.. if u are given the avliablity of having electives. i dont do an internationstudies course. or anything.. and im learning jap.

double degree isnt thaaaaaaaat hard ;) cause.. ur doing it over twice the time... so... if one of the degrees in ur double degree has electives... chances r, u can take up a langague. UTS offered, jap, french, german etc etc... spanish... yeah... :)

adios

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)