Controversial related text? (1 Viewer)

minhyy

HSC
Hi guys, first post here ever (I think) :D

My related text for Conflicting Perspectives could be somewhat controversial possibly because of the fact that it hangs shit on the Board? It is an article about James King (does he lurk here? If so, hi man, good stuff you did (Y)) and the Board's lack of transparency regarding scaling and whatnot, so much so that the article quotes the Board as a "cult of secrecy".

If I were to use it tomorrow, would BOS ping me and mark me down hard, give me a *, call me in to head office, etc, etc, for "attacking" the integrity of the Board?

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
If it's just about scaling you should be fine considering it's just teachers that mark,the board scales while having now real knowledge of your content unless specifically told by the markers there's something obscene, and i hardly think this classifies.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
That's fine.

Just ask yourself - would someone who just comes across your piece be offended? If answer is yes - think of another text.

In your case, 99.9% of people would be fine with you analysing a text that criticised the BOS.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Heck, depending on the marker you could get extra marks ;D

Just along as you can tie it very well with your prescribed, and dont focus only on the plot and shift around themes and conflicting views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)