converting analogue to digital (1 Viewer)

eagle4

HSC
N/A
we did the CSSA trial paper and one question was on converting an analogue signal to a digital signal, my textbook dosnt even mention it, and i was wondering is any of you knew how it worked, with the sampeling rate. pease help as my teacher is stupid, and has no idae about this subject.

Thanks

eagle4

manly girl

I don't think we have done it either. I do know that a modem acts as a device that converts digital to analog by ways of modulation and then demodulation.

To convert a digital signal to an analog one, the modem generates a carrier wave and modulates it according to the digital signal. The kind of modulation used depends on the application and the speed of operation for which the modem is designed.

For example, many high-speed modems use a combination of amplitude modulation, where the amplitude of the carrier wave is changed to encode the digital information, and phase modulation, where the phase of the carrier wave is changed to encode the digital information.

And thats all I know.

manly girl

lol. The teachers hate the new course. Mine frequently asks me telecommunications stuff cause I have an IT background. I taught him everything he knows about fibre optics, UTP/STP etc

eagle4

HSC
N/A
do you recon u could you tell me some things about fibre optics, that might not be in a text book??

eagle4:cool:

manly girl

When I have a second I will type up my notes on fibre optics. Right now I have an english task to do :(

If you do find good stuff on analog -> digital, could you post that here too? I had a quick look the other night and found nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)