• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cool Runnings (1 Viewer)

emma15677

HSC
Hey for my trials for journeys they said we need UP TO TWO supplementary texts..I'm guessing that they'll only ask for one in the question..same goes for module A because I think there's too much to write and cram if we have to do two supplementaries..but anyway it's annoying cos you have to prepare two incase they ask it..even if you get this inkling that they won't!

So anyway, I guess I can use Cool Runnings as my 'back up supplementary' though it may not be as strong as the one I already have.

Anyone have any notes or know any film techniques about Cool Runnings?

LukeGaraty

HSC
ay sunka WAT CHA SaMOOOOKIN MON

i aint smokin . im breathin.
its cold here.

bushwak

HSC
Don't know much but.
Towards the start of the film, the scene during the Olympic qualifying race for the sprinters. The camera angles vary from low-level shots, to long shots; to show all the competitors in the race and to simulate as well a spectator point of view.

The camera then does a long shot in line with the track showing a large billboard with the words "SUPPORT OUR COUNTRY" "...Unity is Strength" "Yes Jamaica, together we can!" Most importantly this then juxtaposed with a close up shot of Derice's face as the announcer in the background tells the sprinters "Get set". Upon Derice's face we see a look of determination.

The following seconds show Derice's ability with the camera on a dolly going really fast, then in slow motion the tradgedy. The next close up of Derice's face shows him covered with dust and disappointment on his face along with a point-of-view shot of him looking at the finish line again in slow motion as he sees what he could have achieved. (I suppose this can also be compared with scene after crash in Calgary)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)