• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Copying english essays (1 Viewer)

oneplusone

HSC
Ive never been particularly good at english so for the HSC exams, i got some essays that my peers had made which were really good, then heavily reworded it. However, the structure and quotes are generally the same, i just added one or two quotes in there. I know this is unethical and i deserve to lose all my marks if i get caught, but what is the likelihood of them finding out? and if then, how severe does the 'copying' have to be in order for them to do something? if someone completed their HSC in 2014 and 'copied' essays from someone else to an extent and wrote them in the HSC, were u caught or penalised, do u know anyone who were or is it really unlikely? thank you :)

astroman

HSC
If its not available online it's highly unlikely to be caught, direct word for word copying may be caught and if u do u have a high chance of receiving zero for that assessment. If u want to decrease ur chances of being caught, do ur hsc at another school, that way they are less likely to go to the same marking centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)