Core units clashing? (1 Viewer)

new york doll

HSC
Hey all,
I'm starting B Business (Accounting) full-time @ Parramatta this year. I've just looked at the timetable for Autumn 2007 and it seems like two of my core units are clashing - the 200103 Accounting Reports and Decisions lecture is on at the same time as the 200032 Statistics for Business lecture (Wednesdays 1-3pm). There aren't any other lectures available for either of the units. Would I have to attend one of the lectures at night? :confused: Also, what does it mean when it says "(teaching)" in the location column?

Last edited:

klh

HSC
Still understand htat this timetable is still provisional, and times will change as clashes are found, od email ur course coordinater for B bus accg so theyll fix it.
as above, brett wheldon, b.wheldonl@uws.edu.au
Teaching, actually means there as in the teaching building, i.e. our new parra buldinf is called te teaching building.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
If you're going to email someone, then email the lecturer/unit co-ordinator for Accounting Reports and Decisions, Because the class is relatively a lot smaller than Statistics, so it's more than likely they'll change the lecture times for ARD if its clashing with all accounting day students. But yeah if they dont change it for you, then it looks like you'll be doing it in evening classes. Btw, Parra at nighttime = :eek:

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
new york doll said:
Hey all,
I'm starting B Business (Accounting) full-time @ Parramatta this year. I've just looked at the timetable for Autumn 2007 and it seems like two of my core units are clashing - the 200103 Accounting Reports and Decisions lecture is on at the same time as the 200032 Statistics for Business lecture (Wednesdays 1-3pm). There aren't any other lectures available for either of the units. Would I have to attend one of the lectures at night? :confused: Also, what does it mean when it says "(teaching)" in the location column?
The 200032 Statistics for Business @ parramatta has no lecture or tut, all u need to do is to complete all 10 topic test. They're experimenting their new teaching method with parra students :rofl:

j_davo24

HSC
klh said:
Still understand htat this timetable is still provisional, and times will change as clashes are found
Timetables are finalised now, the only changes will be minimal ones like room changes because of overcrowding.

For the OP, you really need to attend both of those lectures unfortunately. ARD is a b*tch of a subject and I've heard stats is also hard. A night lecture or a lecture at another campus (if practical) is more than likely the only option you'll have.

HSC
new york doll said:
Hey all,
AGREEEEEEEEEEEDD

yeah my friend told me to email the unit cor. toooooooooooooooooo

same here.. i was thinking of night classes!

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
4eyesnb said:
The 200032 Statistics for Business @ parramatta has no lecture or tut, all u need to do is to complete all 10 topic test. They're experimenting their new teaching method with parra students :rofl:
wow no lectures/tutes? Where did you hear that? Wouldn't that mean practically teaching the unit to yourself lol

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
RabbitRabbit said:
wow no lectures/tutes? Where did you hear that? Wouldn't that mean practically teaching the unit to yourself lol
well uni is supposed to be about independent learning...:)

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
RabbitRabbit said:
i agree but then where does my ~$800 go?
well... to those markers and tutors in each topic test...:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)