Coroneos Past Paper Book (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Hi all,

What are your thoughts about Coroneos' Past HSC paper book with worked solutions?

I think SuccessOne only goes to 2001, so it might be worth getting this one, considering Coroneos' textbooks are pretty good.

What 'ya reckon?

sirfeathers

HSC
My maths teacher gave me a Coroneous past paper book. It's like an ancient tome, really old and musty with yellowed pages and all, really really old, apparently the one that she worked off when she was studying for 4U(and she's like 50). Doubt this is the same one you're planning to buy, but if you're asking for an opinion on Coroneos himself, I think he's great. Go for it

sirfeathers

HSC
It actually doesn't say, as I said, it's really really really old...like dinosaur old. Apparently Coroneos used to print them out in his garage...as in that old, it's got his address and phone number on the back. As in before Coroneos went global. As in the telephone number has 7 numbers in it.

But I guess it's possible that it's been republished a few times. Basically it's 12 "specimen papers" with worked solutions

undalay

HSC
Im pretty sure the OP is refering to the new release.
The book is a bright covered and released recently. I believe it holds up to 2007?

HSC
N/A
Yes. I've got both books, as well as another one by Coroneos going back to 1981 with solutions - and another one, again by Coroneos dated 1963 with papers going back to 1956. He died in 2005, so solutions to papers from 2005 onwards are provided by head maths teachers.

I've also got all the papers going back to 1916.

Last edited:

conics2008

HSC
dont get coroneos book.. working out are all crap.. some shit hey just brings in and takes out..

if you want proper one get success one or terry lee the whore.

proringz

HSC
I have the 1990-2007 and I seriously don't get with people saying the working out is crap. Too hard to read or what? Because the solutions are perfect; they show the best way how to do the question imo.

HSC
N/A
The good thing about the time when Coroneos was selling them from his shed out the back of his Old South Head Road residence was that back in those days you could buy individual years solutions for about $3 without having to buy the whole book. Unfortunately this is not available on the Coroneos website.

Last edited:

proringz

HSC
buchanan said:
The good thing about the time when Coroneos was selling them from his shed out the back of his Old South Head Road residence was that back in those days you could buy individual years solutions for about $3 without having to buy the whole book. Unfortunately this is is not available on the Coroneos website.
Why would you do that when you could buy 18 years worth of solutions with the papers for only 30 odd dollars.

HSC
N/A
One would already have a book, say 1981-1987, so rather than have to buy a book every year, it's better just to buy the updates.

MANSW are aware of this issue and release free lilac one-year-only versions to members only, as well as sell the 10-year version to students.

Although members get a free version, you can still buy them from MANSW's website at

http://www.mansw.nsw.edu.au/publications/publications.pdf

You can understand that teachers would not want to keep buying the 10-year book every year.

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
buchanan said:
His past HSC papers with solutions can still be obtained from

http://www.coroneos.com.au/view_details/26
Yeah, ive got that one.

Although ive only got it up to 2004 because my cousin gave it to me.

I dont really like his working out, like for graphs he gives like a whole page detailed analysis about the graph. All I want is the diagram.

HSC
N/A
I have an older version of the same book. The line at the bottom simply says

"J. Coroneos"

The content is the same.

scora

HSC
are there any retailers that sell the book above? or is it just available from his website

edit: by above i mean coroneos' 4 unit text book

proringz

HSC
scora said:
are there any retailers that sell the book above? or is it just available from his website

edit: by above i mean coroneos' 4 unit text book
I called them up before and they sell all their books at Five Senses Education. They have two shops, one in Seven Hills and one in North Rocks. $35 for Ext 2, $30 for Ext 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)