Coroneus... (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
um ppl, coroneos really suks so dont get it. my teacher uses it, it is done by a typewriter and u can even see where the guys whited shit out and typed over it. Its old fashioned, hard to understand and doesn't make sense. I really don't recommend it to anyone.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by pussy_cat
um ppl, coroneos really suks so dont get it. my teacher uses it, it is done by a typewriter and u can even see where the guys whited shit out and typed over it. Its old fashioned, hard to understand and doesn't make sense. I really don't recommend it to anyone.
lol yes it's old
but who do you think writes all the HSC exams??
the old teachers....the uni lecturers who are really old just like coroneus
you will find the style of questions is very similar

coroneus' textbooks has many things that others lack, i just can't pin point it into words

just because it is old fashion doesn't mean it's bad...
my 4u teacher used to tell the class to go look for old textbooks and do questions from them because they have the best questions, real questions

if you can understand the questions in coroneus then your set! because most of the questions are in words, you will have an advantage at analysising questions in exams when diagrams are not provided which is most of the time

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by pussy_cat
i have to disagree.
coroneos has a bad layout - i'll say that much, but it has good questions in it. use it as a supplement to cambridge and fitzpatrick, as well as past papers and ur set for the hsc - IMO.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by redslert

if you can understand the questions in coroneus then your set! because most of the questions are in words, you will have an advantage at analysising questions in exams when diagrams are not provided which is most of the time
What's better than past papers - I have the Coroneos past papers 71-86 for 2U and that obviously will be best for HSC preparation - I don't know about the textbook.

I use MIF, Jones and Couchman - and Cambridge - MIF for introductory and school work - J&C as a supplement - and Cambridge for Qs and learning the theory more in depth - then past papers for consolidating information, improving exam technique, problem solving ability, and most like the 2004 HSC exam:D

Go Cambridge:p - damn extension Cambridge - too hard:chainsaw:
damn MIF - too easy :chainsaw:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
If you're doing that much work I think you'll find it doesn't really matter what texts or sources your using- the point is you're getting a lot of practice. :p

Extension is what sets Cambridge apart from all the other texts IMHO. They're actually fun. :)

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Estel
If you're doing that much work I think you'll find it doesn't really matter what texts or sources your using- the point is you're getting a lot of practice. :p

Extension is what sets Cambridge apart from all the other texts IMHO. They're actually fun. :)
they can be fun, but they can also frustrate you like hell at times. esp. the permutation and combination questions.

ahohen_77

Uni Student
HSC
I totally agree...when you can;t get a question i just post em here..or else i get too frustrated and not be able to go to sleep.

and coroneos is good but the layout is ab bit hard on the eyes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)