• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Correct form of a dress for bar staff: very short (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Correct form of a dress for bar staff: very shorthttp://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Correct-dress-at-work-very-short/2005/04/27/1114462103503.html
She posed in a bikini for a men's magazine and, like many women, wore a miniskirt socially. But what gaming room attendant Susie Zhang did in her private life ended up being used against her in court.

Ms Zhang had complained that her employer had no right to ask her to wear a miniskirt at work, but Federal Magistrate Rolf Driver found against her...

Dr Marian Baird, a senior lecturer at Sydney University's school of business, work and organisational studies, said it was "remarkable" that courts held such views in 2005.

"Common sense or some sort of decency would say a woman being asked to wear a miniskirt while men are not asked to dress in a particular way is a case of unfair or different treatment," she said. "She appeared in a men's magazine … I would say that bears no relation to her employment. I think that it's a poor blurring of the private life and work life of the employee.

"It's that old question of 'she was asking for it'. Surely we have seen enough of these cases, the most recent history being the Tara girl [an alleged rape victim who was cross-examined about wearing a miniskirt]."
hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

what do you guys think?

santaslayer

HSC
I tend to be of the view that since her usual occupation requires her to dress in such a revealing way then it was not too much to ask for her to continue her job description.
The issue is whether her job description included such factors?

X

xeuyrawp

When I started reading this, I was about to say "Hang on, when you join the bar you're supposed to wear a wig an gown" :rolleyes:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha what he said..

...shes hot though, id hit it 2x times

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Haha what he said..

...shes hot though, id hit it 2x times
1.Why'd you wander in here, asy, you stalking me O_O ....
2. She's very plasticy and fake, I wouldn't do her.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
damn she's ugly.

women who are wearing revealing clothes are not "asking for it". and rapists cannot justify themselves by pointing out that their victims were "asking to be fucked". it's like you assume when someone walks into a shop they will definitely buy something.

that being said, women who do dress that way are putting themselves in more danger of sexual harassment. they are in no way responsible for being rape victims, but their clothing and their background (whether people have seen them posing in bikinis) can affect how people want to interact with them.

so, after reading over what i posted i think i pretty much take the cake on Miss Obvious of the year '-_-

X

xeuyrawp

Dreamerish*~ said:
so, after reading over what i posted i think i pretty much take the cake on Miss Obvious of the year '-_-
Yep but it was good that it was said, someone has to point out the obvious... And by a girl at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)