Correspondence (1 Viewer)

Legham

HSC
I'm doing one of my 4 subjects by correspondance.. if that counts.

Legham

HSC
Ummm.. Well. I think i find the work easier, because i know that if i had a class then i'd have a hell shitty teacher. So teaching it to myself i think is easier. But, i find it a lot harder to be motivated to do the work. I didn't touch any of my subject for the entire first term of year 12, and in the preliminary corse i didn't even start work until halfway through the course.. But, im a lazier than average person :p

yosemite sam

HSC
Legham said:
I'm doing one of my 4 subjects by correspondance.. if that counts.
same! distance ed ftw...but it is so much harder than if you had a class...

are you doing your whole hsc by correspondence?

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Legham said:
Ummm.. Well. I think i find the work easier, because i know that if i had a class then i'd have a hell shitty teacher. So teaching it to myself i think is easier. But, i find it a lot harder to be motivated to do the work. I didn't touch any of my subject for the entire first term of year 12, and in the preliminary corse i didn't even start work until halfway through the course.. But, im a lazier than average person :p
Yeah I didn't either - but I didn't have a choice. :mad1::p

I found with DE it's pretty easy to accelerate because you have all the work with you and you can choose when you do it rather than waiting for the teacher and the rest of the class. It's awesome picking when YOU want to sit the exam (within certain restrictions);).

Twisted Angel86 said:
Do you find it any harder??
I suppose at times I did, especially when the you work is riddled with mistakes from spelling to actual content mistakes as well as the repetition of the EXACT SAME exercises. I would rather do it with a teacher - but I don't complain because I chose to do the subject knowing it would be taught by DE (sort of motivational when you think about it). But when I really don't understand a concept I'd just call my DE teacher. Going to the DE open days, does really help but yeah not everyone can go.

For all those doing part/all of their HSC by DE/correspondence; keep at it and keep up with the work - it's easy to fall behind. Good luck. :D:D

Twisted Angel86

HSC
I'm doing my entire HSC via Correspondence. Probably not the best idea for me as i am extremely lazy when it comes to using my head lol. i ended up doing my prelim year in about 4 months and i'm only just getting serious about the whole thing now. I have alot of catching up to do :( All in all i find it so much more rewarding knowing i've done it all myself.

jirwin

HSC
Why are u's doing your HSC by correspondance? i can understand doing one subject that way, there might not be enough students etc, but why the whole hsc?

Twisted Angel86

HSC
jirwin said:
Why are u's doing your HSC by correspondance? i can understand doing one subject that way, there might not be enough students etc, but why the whole hsc?
Well i didn't have a choice. The curse of living in a small country town i guess. But since i first started i've relocated and still stuck with correspondence. I love the freedom. I travel a lot and this way i can work and take off when i need to.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
jirwin said:
How do u do the HSC exams then?
Option 1:
1. In a small room in the library (where you can hear all the noises made by the class in the library [which doesn't get cleared of classes:mad1:] as well as the window which radiates noises of people talking/laughing/being inconsiderate from the outside), by myself except for the HSC supervisor(s).

Option 2:
2. In the school hall (which also echos with noises from the outside), sitting alone, with all the eyes of the supervisors watching me. At least I know I'll know that if I run out of paper, they'll be able to get it to me on time.:eek:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Option 1:
1. In a small room in the library (where you can hear all the noises made by the class in the library [which doesn't get cleared of classes:mad1:] as well as the window which radiates noises of people talking/laughing/being inconsiderate from the outside), by myself except for the HSC supervisor(s).

Option 2:
2. In the school hall (which also echos with noises from the outside), sitting alone, with all the eyes of the supervisors watching me. At least I know I'll know that if I run out of paper, they'll be able to get it to me on time.:eek:
That sounds like the areas I'll do my Cosmology exams in :eek:

jirwin

HSC
least u wont be distracted by other students leaving - last yr i got distracted watching everyone leave so early lol

Legham

HSC
My half yearly for Software Design which i do by correspondance was SOO bad!! The noise coming from the stupid kids outside was pretty much deafening.. so damn distracting.. And it didn't help that one of the supervisors kept making small talk with the other supervisor (dont know why i had 2 :S)

jirwin

HSC
I would feel strange going to do an exam in a place thats unfamilar.. like imagine turning up to an unknown school to do an exam with unknown students...

Legham: why didn't u just tell the supervisors to shut up... they went to a lot of trouble to supervise you for a half yearly... in most of mine the teacher walked in and out without a care in the world... in dnt one student kept asking questions and then when he had finished his paper he was like "so whens our next (football) game". im thinking to myself... our teacher aint going to be in the hsc exam!

golfpro

HSC
N/A
Im doin my whole hsc via OTEN. Its hard as because u gotta wreck ur brain to figure something out when as in class u could ask the teacher for help.

Its good in a way because u do learn the hard way, plus u dont have to leave ur home which is good for someone who plays the playstation and online poker for about 8 hours a day. U find u can just do the work whenever you want.

I really like doing it at home. I already did my hsc last year at school, and then i got a full time job while trying to re do the hsc when got home, but it was too hard, so i quit the job and now just study all day, or try too.

jirwin

HSC
thats quite interesting... why didn't u just get a casual/part time job? my parents want me to get one... so i applied... but i dont particularly want a job cos of my hsc... i like school too much and put in WAY too much effort.. quite over the top in yrs 9 and 10 but oh well. i had a casual job in yr 10 but quit cos i hated it (im so shy), hated the boss, and couldnt do all the extra work for school lol

i wouldn't be able to cope doing the hsc be Distance Ed. not that i wouldn't be able to motivate myself, just im so shy i wouldn't even want to ring up my teacher :(

golfpro

HSC
N/A
jirwin said:
thats quite interesting... why didn't u just get a casual/part time job? my parents want me to get one... so i applied... but i dont particularly want a job cos of my hsc... i like school too much and put in WAY too much effort.. quite over the top in yrs 9 and 10 but oh well. i had a casual job in yr 10 but quit cos i hated it (im so shy), hated the boss, and couldnt do all the extra work for school lol

i wouldn't be able to cope doing the hsc be Distance Ed. not that i wouldn't be able to motivate myself, just im so shy i wouldn't even want to ring up my teacher :(
Because the job i landed was GREAT for me and it was only a full time position, and i thought id be able to handle it job + hsc that is.

I was wrong and had to let the job go even though it was good.

I never ring my teachers, i just do it all myself, and if i cant do it ill leave it lol, ur not supposed to though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)