• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

could i do these texts for imaginitive journeys (1 Viewer)

A

afishfortea

i was thinking of doing colridge : rime of the ancient mariner, kubla khan, and three other texts: the road not taken, wizard of OZ and wind in the willows but some i think are used in the stimulous booklet, could i do those texts? thanks

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
i was thinking of doing colridge : rime of the ancient mariner, kubla khan, and three other texts: the road not taken, wizard of OZ and wind in the willows but some i think are used in the stimulous booklet, could i do those texts? thanks
The Road Not Taken & Wind in the Willows are in the stimulus. Wizard of Oz has been done too many times and imo its lazy.

Search the English (Area of Study Forum) for the thread, which lists related texts for Imaginative journeys.

Edit: ROTAM is a bit long but very easy. Kubla on the other hand, is short but a bit difficult.

Last edited:
A

afishfortea

thanks for your help, i was starting to rethink my texts, what do you think of Gulliver's travels, this lime tree bower my prison, i wandered lonely as a cloud (also know as The Daffodils) and a need a visual text, what would you suggest?? thanks

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
thanks for your help, i was starting to rethink my texts, what do you think of Gulliver's travels, this lime tree bower my prison, i wandered lonely as a cloud (also know as The Daffodils) and a need a visual text, what would you suggest?? thanks
For a visual text, I'd suggest Leunig - simply because his cartoons are effective and filled with techniques.

I did ROTAM & Lime tree, they're easy enough and interpreting them is simple, because there are plenty of techniques to discuss.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
a lot of people have been talking about this one http://www.e-vs.org/blog/images/LeunigC1.jpg
but i can't see how it fits in with the other text, thanks
Thats the one I did. But I linked it with The Road Not Taken and The Verve's Bitter Sweet Symphony.

You do know that you dont always have to discuss the similarities. You can ALWAYS compare and contrast for linkage.

A

afishfortea

could i have some of your notes relating to colridge and that cartoon, thanks

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
could i have some of your notes relating to colridge and that cartoon, thanks
Sure.

If I had actually kept them

A

afishfortea

yeah i had mate in twelve last year, and he ask me if i wanted some of old books and stuff, and i couldn't see why not, but he had burnt them all
it would be such a great help thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
yeah i had mate in twelve last year, and he ask me if i wanted some of old books and stuff, and i couldn't be why not, but he had burnt them all
thanks
What? :confused:

If you actually want to learn something, you're best to analyse the work yourself and make notes. This way, you can answer any question that comes your way.

A

afishfortea

he was going to give me like his maths excell books and that sort of stuff, not actual exercise books,
yeah bout that... ( in a strong Italian accent) me speak a the good English

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
he was going to give me like his maths excell books and that sort of stuff, not actual exercise books,
yeah bout that... ( in a strong Italian accent) me speak a the good English
You're saying he burnt actual textbooks??

I have no idea about what you're saying.

A

afishfortea

ok, lets clear things up abit, i have done most of imaginative assignment, i just wanted to see your notes because different perspectives are important in English, especially imaginative journeys, as preconceptions with journeys often make us over look aspects of the texts.

The thing about the burning books is about a mate of mine, when he finished his exams he asked if i wanted any of his HSC stuff and naturally i said i'll have his excel study books, later on, him and other year twelves got together and had a bonfire of all their HSC stuff, of which partly consisted of the books he said he would give to me.

a bit clearer? thanks

A

afishfortea

yeah i sort got 4 assignments due first week back, ah, the HSC, don't you just love it **cough**cough**

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
afishfortea said:
yeah i sort got 4 assignments due first week back, ah, the HSC, don't you just love it **cough**cough**
Procrastination.

A truly horrible thing.

A

afishfortea

as one of my mates once said: work is failure to procrastinate effectively,

would it still be possible to have a look at your notes??
thanks anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)