• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Could this work? (1 Viewer)

frenchy

I've always been a top student, my ranking and marks have always been good. I was also Vice president of my SRC.
Although i did decent in the HSC (marks in the 70's), i got a uai of 60.95 which means i miss out on Nursing which i really want to do.

Do you think i could go to the head of UWS, and plead my case that i do have the ability to do well (proving it with my school reports and commendations letters from the principal for excellent reports and references from SRC advisor, Principal and Year advisor), in a hope to be let in? would it work?

Also does anyone know how many UWS takes in for Nursing each year?

Ribbon

I'm not sure how far off you are to get into nursing, but a guy from my school got into his course 3 or 4 marks under the cutoff (with no eas application) just by constantly ringing the university, showing up in person all the time and generally just annoying the crap out of them until they let him in.... show them you want it bad enough and they will probably let you in...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
they'd be stupid not to accept someone wo genuinely wants to do the course, especially since there are always shortages. If you bug them enough they'll probably let you in.

frenchy

Thanks, I think i'll try that, since I'm only like 1 or 2 marks under the cut off.

Should i try when they start accepting people or before that?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
before, so you would know whether its worth your time and effort or not.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
One of my UNI friends got accepted into a course 3 or 4 marks under the UAI cutoff with no special applications or harassing necessary...they just let him in, no questions asked. People seem to think UAI cutoffs are the be-all and end-all and are ready to jump off a bridge if they don't get their desired UAI, but I don't think universities really care that much.
So it is definately worth begging. ;) Especially for nursing...they are going to real lengths to try to get more people interested. But wait til they put out offers...otherwise it will be very easy for them to not listen and just brush you off and tell you to wait for the cutoffs to be released, so whats the point? And besides-for all you know the UAI may drop and you could get in anyway.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)