could u's plz help me?? thanx (1 Viewer)

hello

everyone!!!!:)
HSC
N/A
hi i need all the HECS and fees for uni explained to me. i will b going through hecs i think, and can someone explain what they pay for? how much and when do i pay them bak? eg: several times a yr, at the end of completed course, (sorry i have no clue)
also i will be i think living on campus, the fees for this rent will i need to pay for out of my pocket? as i know rent off the campus is for me to pay, but does hecs or anything else help u out with fees for on campus living? also if there is other stuff i have fogotten about fees can u plz let me know. thanx. eg: the purchasing of books do u need to pay for them straight away or can hecs pay for them and u pay them bak. and lastly where can i find out how much hecs can contribute to loans for all course. thanx heaps u guys:) cheers

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Your pay off you hecs when you work meaning your boss will deduct money from you wages/salary

when you lived on campus it comes out of your pocket yes but centrelink may help you out a bit or alot

i think with books you pay them straight away

hello

HSC
N/A
oh so with hecs u ccan wait till ike u finish the course, eg: 4 yrs latr and u have a job?
is there somewhere where i can view how much each course will in the long run cost me through going through hecs?>

hello

HSC
N/A
thanx heaps everyone:) i just found out that my course is classified as a band 1, eg: b arts and social science r my preferences. so how much roughly will it cost for me each year to study those courses? and at the end when i have finished how much roughly will i need to pay hecs?

being in band 1 means its up around $ 4000, this 4000 is this payed by me or is this what i owe hecs per year i study, eg if i study for 4 yrs do i owe hevs 4 times $ 4000, which equals like $ 16000??? plz help, lol i still have not much idea

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
When you start earning ~$37 000 a year, a certain amount is automatically taken out of your pay, just like tax, and you keep paying till you don't owe them anything. Oh and its the same amount whether you pay it upfront or defer it (but it is adjusted for inflation).

Originally posted by Dingo
this is what HECS realli stands for:

Horny
Electronic
Cyber
Sex
Actually, it stands for Higher Education Contribution Scheme, Dingo.

Grow up maybe? :rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ms 12
When you start earning ~$37 000 a year
currently, its about $10,000 less than that above figure - the Nelson reforms will increase that threshold though (ie u have to earn more to start repaying HECS thru the tax system

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i get i can defer my fees, but i have to pay for books and stuff upfront, but what about the compulsory union membership and stuff like that, that would be upfront too wouldnt it?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
General services fee (at newcastle) is $168 and that covers union membership and other stuff, that is upfront

Generator

HSC
N/A
Now, (Reforms)

HECS upfront - 25% discount, (20% discount)
HECS direct to the tax office - 15% discount (10% discount)
HECS left to the tax system - no discounts

I can remember reading melbournian's pdf article. It explained the situation quite well, although I still don't know what has happened regarding voluntary unionism.

Union fees... Just be thankful that you only have to pay for a single student body... I really should ask USyd why we are forced to pay for the union, the sports union and the src...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)