• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

COUNSELlers (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i got told a few times to go and i actually made a few appointments but chickened out all the time...now i dont even bother. u dont have to have SERIOUS problems to go to them. like ur friend doesnt have to be on the verge of suicide or depression. maybe if they dont have anyone else to talk to, they might want someone who doesnt know them AT ALL...that can be a good thing but its also difficult to talk ot someone u have never met before....teachers probably can't be of much help unless they really know your friend well ... i talk to the year advisor rather than a counsellor..i find that the counsellor smiles too much..it irritates me :p

i always thought year advisors were a stupid formality with no prupose and while most are, if your friend knows one really well, or they happen to be one of her teachers (like in my case) then that would be a good option. she should give counselling a go and she will find that she can pretty much tell whether it is the kind of thing for her from the first visit

santaslayer

HSC
hmmmmm... i got told to go in year 8 i think it was.....but that was only for a lack of motivation in class and declining school marks......nothing serious.....LoLz

but yea, nothing serious needs to be happening for her to see a conseller. My school use to send people to the counseller for the slightest 'problem'. the biggest case the counseller did (that i know about) was that he counselled a friend of mine who had leukemia in his HSC year...pretty dreadful shit.....but yea, ur friend shoulg o, it'll be good for her!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if she doesnt like it then she doesnt have to go again

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I can't stand them. But I say she should give it a bash, see if it works, if not then there are always other alternatives. Of course everyone is merely a guide, the only solution is the one you figure out.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
some one suggested the deputy principal and i laughed so much i forgot about what i was upset about in the first place!! :rofl:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
my deputy is not bad but im not about to pour out my problems to him! the idea is ridiculous

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Someguy123
hmmm ^^^ i wonder what other solutions there r
It's different for different circumstances and individuals. I developed a massive ego and an independent spirit :p

I'm sure someone can attest to this!

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
My school has this "mentor" thing going on, this is just for year 12 though. You choose a teacher who you can talk to easily and they help you with any problems you may have, they help you out with study time tables and situations and are just there if you need some one to talk to.

I don't have one, I know alot of people who don't have one... but there are some people who feel they can't take alot of stuff on so they go along with the program. It saves the year adviser alot of time.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmm i go to mine mainly because i'm new to my school and plus i find it a good way of talking m problems through. it depends what cousellor you get. i know some of the ones i went to before, were just horrible. you need a young person, i dont think i can stand talking to an old granny counsellor :eek:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
urgh, not to be superficial or judgmental (this is merely an observation!!) but yeah, my school counselor (we have two, one is for the jnior yrs and one for seniors), the one for yr 11 and 12 looks like shakira and dresses like one! no kidding!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)