• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Course Preferences Screwed (1 Viewer)

rohanr

HSC
hey,

it seems my course preferences did not save properly and instead of applying for advanced science it applied for mbbs\advanced science. I got 97.15 atar and the cut off is 95. what should i do if i really want to get advanced science? should i call up the university or uac?

thanks
:confused:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Call both up and ask. But you're in luck. I'm rejecting my Science (Advanced) offer so unless someone with a higher UAI is in the same position, you're in luck :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I don't have an ATAR :p As you can tell from my HSC year I received a UAI. I basically converted the ATAR cutoff to a UAI equivalent and then went halves on my UAI (96.95) and GPA (5.00, which equates to a UAI of 92.00) giving me a "UAI" of 94.45. Since ATAR = 95.00 the UAI equivalent would be 94.xx which means I'm most likely the last person accepted into the course.

rohanr

HSC
lol so u think theyd let me in if i call em up? or would i get in with 2nd round

lala2

Banned
HSC
They can't let you in simply on the basis of a phone call. My feeling is they'll most likely make you wait for the 2nd round. But by all means call up, if only to make yourself feel better, and maybe prove me wrong :p

rohanr

HSC
lol so whats the chances ill get into it 2nd round

lala2

Banned
HSC
Like I said it depends on whether people with higher ATARs are in the same situation as you and decide they do really want Advanced Science. The uni wouldn't even be able to answer that question until everyone's accepted their offers (which won't be until mid next week at the earliest). I say there's no harm in making a phone call and making a sob story out of it (if you can).

Not trying to be elusive, but if you go up to uni after failing to get a 2nd round offer and was like well I got told by some internet random I'd def get advanced science you'd look like a fool. I'd stick to phoning both UAC and uni up for the moment and see where it goes from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)