• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

course selection process at uni (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
hey, just wonderin..

is it just me or is there any one out there confused about what to do at uni.

I've been looking at some degrees but they are soo in brief..

how do you decide which course you want to do at uni, because im really confused about this. UAI is not a worry, just the course.

Also one more thing.. wtf is the " fee " charge by those bastards UAC.. I got the UAC pin shit.... I never agreed on the 22 bucks fees.. can some one clarify.

Thanks in advance =]

BackCountrySnow

HSC
You pick a degree. And then you do the compulsory subjects and the subjects you need to do to complete your major. And then you get electives which you do purely out of interest.

...i think

conics2008

HSC
naa like.. how do you know thats the course you want to do..

i like maths/business studies.. but cant seem to find a degree that fits in those too..

I was thinkin of B Arch.. but the outcome aint that cool.. like no job...

-Anfernee-

HSC
conics2008 said:
naa like.. how do you know thats the course you want to do..

i like maths/business studies.. but cant seem to find a degree that fits in those too..

I was thinkin of B Arch.. but the outcome aint that cool.. like no job...

That's really something you have to ask yourself and make your own choice.

If you like Maths and Business , perhaps a combined program in Commerce and Science( majoring in Maths) would be something worthwhile for you to look into.

or perhaps Actuarial Studies .

Last edited:

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
How about 'USING UP YOUR UAI'? Is it just simply beware of which courses you choose in order not to use up all the preferences? Or 'you shouldn't choose two courses with too similar a UAI cut-off'?

Fat Fung

HSC
B Arch would really be a waste of time if ppl dun hav a thing for it lol~~ *no offense*

coz it narrows your path to a profession, and if u dun like it~~~ too bad

i wanna do B Arch

HSC
Undermyskin said:
How about 'USING UP YOUR UAI'? Is it just simply beware of which courses you choose in order not to use up all the preferences? Or 'you shouldn't choose two courses with too similar a UAI cut-off'?
You have nine preferences. It shouldn't matter which order your preferences are in, as long as they are in the order which you want to receive them, and that you have at least one 'safety' preference.
DO NOT choose courses simply because you have the UAI for them. That is plain stupid. Instead, choose courses that you are generally interested in.
In regards to similarity in cutoffs, you shouldnt worry about it too much. As long as there is at least one 'safety' in there, you should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)