Course Transfer (1 Viewer)

kree02

Hi guys i'm currently studying nursing at Wagga and intend to transfer to either O.T. or Physio at albury next year. Just wondering if ne1 has ne info on how hard it is to do this and what life is like in albury. thanx.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I can't answer on specifics, but I transferred from BSc to OT (Newcastle to Newcastle) this yr...
Basically, if you want CSU, it will be based purely on the combo of your HSC marks and GPA. I don't know what your UAI was like, or how your uni marks are looking, but it shouldn't be too hard to do, so long as you had a reasonable UAI and reasonable GPA

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
albury is nothing like wagga in a social aspect, especially if u live on campus, their uni is heaps smaller than ours and their functions suck from whatr ive heard of ras etc. for info on transfer look up the coordinator of ot at albury and send them an email and ask, u can use my csu staff directory thingie.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Dont think it's too hard, you'd apply to the school of Health Studies/Public Health (I think thats the school that looks after OT/Physio) and they'd put the transfer through - I don't think your UAI means much, since it's an internal transfer.

Like Brad said though, Albury sucks compared to Wagga, got people who transfered up from Albury to Bathurst who tell me how crap the social life is down there.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Lived in Albury all my life. Wagga is a country red-neck regional centre. Albury is a little more sophisticated...that's right, we have an art gallery that actually DOES something. Lol.

However, Uni life in Albury? Wouldn't have a friggen clue. So I guess my comments count for jack s***.

Good day.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Albury is definately a better town than Wagga. Life in Albury would be pretty similar to Wagga.

I actually read an article in the SMH the other day that said "Albury Wodonga is going through a renaissance".... my jaw dropped.... mostly because Albury was mentioned in the SMH!!!!

I think it does have some uni life (after VSU who knows though).... some of my friends go to CSU in Alb and they do uni campus fun stuff....

But I don't know how it compares to Wagga's uni life. I think the Wagga CSU campus is bigger?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
wagga campus is larger than albury and theres more uni events because theres more students here

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think in Albury too how there is Thurgoona and Albury city campus it kinda breaks it up and makes there less of a social life. Plus they don't really have any on campus accomodation, which contributes to campus life.

Albury is a nice place to live, and the courses at CSU Albury are good... but the campus social life is probably less than wagga.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)