Coverpage/Layout for MW (1 Viewer)

Airsey

HSC
Hey,

So I'm getting my major work bound tomorrow (yay!) and am really, really confused about the layout. My teacher seems to be telling me information that conflicts with the Board of Studies requirements. The main confusion is about the coverpage...

She tells me we don't need one (instead there are just these little tags we put on the front on the work) but I think I remember reading somewhere that a coverpage MUST BE attached, and it should include things like student number, title of work, etc. Is this true? I can't seem to find the page on the BOS website.

If we do need a coverpage, could someone please tell me what information it must contain. Thank you!

Also, if we include some kind of art or photograph as a titlepage for our work, should we be referencing/justifying it in our reflection statement? My teacher said no, but this seems a little odd...

The other thing she told me was that I must include a bibliography at the end of my work. This I am not doing, because I read on BOS that, for short stories, bibliographies should be in the journal and not attached to the work. That's right, isn't it? Just checking...

Sorry about all the questions I just want to make sure I do it right the first time :tongue:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey,

So I'm getting my major work bound tomorrow (yay!) and am really, really confused about the layout. My teacher seems to be telling me information that conflicts with the Board of Studies requirements. The main confusion is about the coverpage...

She tells me we don't need one (instead there are just these little tags we put on the front on the work) but I think I remember reading somewhere that a coverpage MUST BE attached, and it should include things like student number, title of work, etc. Is this true? I can't seem to find the page on the BOS website.

If we do need a coverpage, could someone please tell me what information it must contain. Thank you!
I put a cover page in so it looks nicer. Yes, you get those little tags - but I still made a cover page with everything and more - personally, I think it makes it look more organised.

See what I did: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=275546

Also, if we include some kind of art or photograph as a titlepage for our work, should we be referencing/justifying it in our reflection statement? My teacher said no, but this seems a little odd...
Your title page should just have information about the work in it. If you're going to put a picture - then yes, you should reference it in your reflection statement and journal if it's part of the work and contributes to the meaning you want to convey.

The other thing she told me was that I must include a bibliography at the end of my work. This I am not doing, because I read on BOS that, for short stories, bibliographies should be in the journal and not attached to the work. That's right, isn't it? Just checking...

Sorry about all the questions I just want to make sure I do it right the first time :tongue:
If you read it on BoS, take that as fact.

Airsey

HSC
Thank you so much - this really makes everything a lot clearer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)